Little lumpy rash???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey there, friend is currently taking Tegretol, approx 600mg per day and now up to approx 500mg Neurontin per day. Last day or so has developed a lumpy rash on his fingers and palms. NOT itchy! Little bit red but more clear to skin colour! Anybody else had this? I have read conflicting reports. Some say see doctor if rash appears and others have said rash can last a couple of weeks, whilst you get used to the new drug. Just wondering if others have had this and if it is something to be concerned about. Cheers, and thanx for all your help people, much more informative than any doctor!!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've never had anything remotely like that but I would be straight to the doctor if that happened to me. Could be anything and may not be connected to the medications at all
  • Posted

I am not sure what that is either.  Probably nothing serious but never hurts to have it checked out with the doctor.  
  • Posted

Hmm, friend hates doctors with a passion! Will give it a few days! thanx anyway
    • Posted

I detest going to doctors myself.  Can your friend do a phone appointment to explain the rash?  That would be easier for me. It may be a side-effect of Tegretol.   If it is serious or spreads then call or go in immediately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.