Little one with Pityriasis Rosea - Cured in 2 1/2 week!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello All! 

I wanted to share my experience with my 19 month old son getting diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea and how we were on the road to recovery within 2 1/2 weeks! 

I began to notice a rash forming on the outside of my sons butt cheek. I thought it was just a strange diaper rash, or the particular brand of diaper had just started to irritate his bottom. What I thought to be a nasty diaper rash, was actually the herald patch beginning to form. He literally went to bed one night and BAM, the next morning he was covered from head to toe in a red, bumpy, itchy rash. My husband and I (first time parents here) immediately rushed him to the doctors office where he was later diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea. Talk about heart breaking!! Not only was my son itchy, covered from head to toe in a rash, but the doctor told me there was nothing we could do except wait it out. Which could be 4-10 weeks! Nothing like a teething, red rash covered 19 month old to make everyone you know completely shun you (not that I blame them). The rash looked horrible! I immediately went into mom mode and began my research. After 2 1/2 weeks, we are RASH FREE!!!!! 

1. My family pharmacist is amazing and recommended Sambucus brand Elderberry Syrup. After researching, it is an all natural immune booster that has been used for centuries to treat different viruses. ***UNDER 2** I was sure to purchase the Elderberry specifically made for children. This excludes honey, which is not recommended before the age of 2. We started with 2 daily doses, and continued with one dose a day just for general wellness. My husband and I have since purchased and our entire family are now HUGE believers in this wonderful product. I truly believe this was the major component in the quick healing. 

2. Everything I read online said that the most effective treatment known were tanning in tanning beds. I obviously could not do that with my 19 month old son, but we spent as much time as possible outside in the nude! Because my son is still in diapers, I quickly noticed the areas around where his diaper sat was much more red and irritated. We would spend 20-30 minutes at a time outside with him completely stripped down and let the natural sunlight work its magic, without allowing my son to get any type of burn. This was tricky and I really had to pay close attention to how quickly his skin was warming up.

3. Head and Shoulders clinical strength. I would bath him in head and shoulders 2-3 times a day, and even use the shampoo as bubble bath and let him soak in a cool bath. Cool water is the key here. Any type of hot or warm showers would cause his rash to "flare" up. 

4. Aveno lotion. I would use this strictly to help with the itching and before bedtime. 

I hope this information is helpful to someone. Even if it is just one, I will thrilled haha!! good luck!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I've had this for over 6 weeks I've tried everything been searching the internet for something to help, I'm 27 years old would I be able to take this medicine too or is this stuff just for kids? I'm going to buy this tomorrow hioefully my pharmacy has it Instore. 

• Posted

Hello! Anyone can take Elderberry and it is actually fairly easy to find. I found a few chewy gummies at target, but my local pharmacy also has a health food store attached and sells the Elderberry syrup (I would suggest the syrup) for kids and adults. The only difference in the 2 is that the adult has honey mixed in and the children's does not. I would highly recommend. We doubled the daily doses for the first 4 days and now it is completely gone. We now all take daily just for general immunity boost! I hope it works as fast for you as it did for us!

• Posted

Ok perfect thanks very much I will try and get this today, yeah I hope so too, didn't manage to sleep at all last night with how bad the itching was!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.