Little painful bumps on my feet, I don't know what are those!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Everytime when I shower, my left foot always step on the corner of the tile which is slightly higher. I didn't think much of it until one day I realized there's a bump on my sole. It started out as a painless bump, I'll only feel the pain when I press on it.

Now even when I'm walking, I could also feel the pain. There are more bumps appearing on my left foot and one on my right foot. 

I didn't know what was happening. I try to prick a needle in but there wasn't any pus or water. Just painful bumps. Is this some fungus infection or something more to it? 

Can someone please advice me? These bumps have been with me for several weeks. I could still walk but occasionally feel the pain whenever I step on something hard. 

P.S. I don't wear heels, usually wear covered shoes.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi   i really dont know what the bumps are but do not try to prick them with a needle go see a doctor find out what they are  Best Wishes

• Posted

Hello Carol

Like Sandra suggested I would first of all recommend you see your doctor for professional advice.

​If the picture on screen that I can see is of your foot, it looks like it may be a Varucca which can be quite painful when pressing on it and also when walking as you describe. I wouldn't suggest that you prick it or anything else with a needle because you could make matters worse for yourself e.g. cause an infection.

Treatment/advise is available from your Drs, (or your pharmacy may be able to advise) but it is always best to check it out with your G.P. to ensure you get the right treatment.

If it is a Varucca you can pick them up from swimming baths, using communial showers including members of your own family. They are contagious but are treatable.

I hope you soon sort this out.

Best of luck.

Regards

Carol

• Posted

Hi those photos you have posted are verruca,s. They burn themselves out usually in about two years. They are basically warts and as they are on the soles of the feet they can be painful. Treatments are available from chemists but they need to be used for several weeks. There are home remedies, duck tape, rubbing a cut piece of garlic on the areas and banana skin. You can have liquid nitrogen at gps (freezing) but it's not usually very successful. Most gps just leave them alone. If they are not bothering you too much just leave them alone and they will go of their own accord. Hope that helps. 
  • Posted

Hi, thank you for all the answers!

It seems to be plantar warts and after some research, I decided to go with the home remedy of using duct tape (also mentioned by Dancer10). The number of warts on my left foot grew from 2 to 4 during Dec 2014. I started using duct tape then until now, June 2015, the warts seemed to have disappeared! No pain, no bumps, just flat surface. I'm not sure whether they have TOTALLY disappeared but I'm going to continue finishing the tape (probably about one month of supply).

REALLY THANKS A LOT smile

• Posted

Actually, the method is really efficient for me! Probably around Feb, I've noticed the bumps becoming really flat. I don't really examine the warts, even though I always replace the tape after shower.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.