little toe hurting

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, had surgery 7 weeks bunion removed and four wires in each to due to hammertoes and have had no pain until today when my little toe has beem more than uncomfortable, due to have wies removed but dont like the thought of anyone pulling at my little toe !

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Jolly if it's any help I had two pins removed last week and did not feel a thing! I admit I did not look as I am a bit of a coward. Any way hope this helps. Pain in my toes come and goes also.
  • Posted

Jilly sorry not jolly 
    • Posted

aahh many thanks for that i have a feeling i had the strap on  my boot a bit too tight and went for a walk on saturday when you had the wires out did they strap you up again or did you just put a shoe back on >  
  • Posted

No  bandages or anything just told to wear a sock  and walk in the hospital boot for another three weeks 😱 can't wait to kick this boot off...patience is what we need I am told 
    • Posted

thanks for the information hope your recovery is good and quick
  • Posted

Hi jilly

Yes my little toes were the most painful of all my toes I think it's because the pin entry points are so close to the nail bed.... pop some padding it's the surgical shoe to keep the pressure off them.

Also I wanted to reassure you that the pin removal does not hurt at all...I had 6 pins out two weeks ago and as I breathed in the nurse pulled them... The cleaning stuff they cleaned my pin wounds did sting though.

• Posted

Many thanks for your reassurance Marie ...i think its probably everyones reaction to the forthcoming event thats made me thinkmore about it, i have heard its not painful and im really not  worried about the sting after, thanks again x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.