Little white bumps on anus rim with picture

Posted , 11 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

bottom line is a month ago I started feeling this bump on my anal rim and then it got bigger then smaller again. Now it seems it has started spreading. I am terribly frightened by this and don't know to do, can anyone access this picture?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Jay, it's sounds like you might have genital warts. Take a look at this and see if it matches up https://patient.info/health/anogenital-warts-leaflet

You need to make an appointment at the sexual health clinic asap so you can get checked be confirmed to what it is.

Emis Moderator comment: I have replaced the given link with a link to the equivalent article on our site.

• Posted

thank you, turns out it was genital warts. I'm just relieved its not something worse
    • Posted

HPV is nothing to take lightly as it can and does cause cancer in some people latter in life. I know someone this happened to so the best defense is if you are young have the shot for it and always use a condom when having sex. There are so many strains of it and some cause cancer of the Anus, cervix, penis and throat. some of which can be life threatening. You will need to talk to your doctor about being checked periodically for these cancers as the best way to survive them is to catch them early. Make sure future partners know that you carry the virus.
    • Posted

Certain strains cause cancer. 90% of the time the ones that cause warts are not the same strains that cause cancer. I believe warts are primarily caused by strains 6 and 11. Cancerous strains are 16 and 18.
    • Posted

True, however I have read that most people that have the strain that causes warts can also have additional strains as well. They don't know because there are no cheap tests to figure this out. The friend of mine and also my ex wife both had developed cancer and they had visible warts as well. So one must be careful and get checked.
  • Posted

Sounds like HPV to me and unfortunately they are warts that are tough to get rid of. For a while you will need to see a skin doctor and they can freeze them off. Try to keep up with it as they will spread and there will be more of them. The good news is eventually your immune system should catch up and keep them at bay, but you will probably always carry the virus, so make sure you tell future partners about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.