Lived with this for 6 years, don't know what it is.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been told by at least 5 people they believe I'm anemic ( Not doctors, more like coachs) and I had a physical the other day and a real doctor told me they don't believe I'm low in iron.

My symptoms happen with exercise, but considering I play 3 sports year round I need to get this fixed.

When I workout pretty hard, doing sprints (happens way too much in track) I begin getting very dizzy, I slowly lose my vision and can only see blue. My head will start to pound ( it doesn't always pound, but most of the time it does) and sometimes (not too often) my upper chest hurts very badly. This also leads to me puking, a lot and feeling sick the rest of the day. On a normal day when I stand up I see blue and go completely blind and sometimes a headache follows. When I stand up it can last anywhere from 20 seconds to over a couple of minutes. This has taken a huge toll on my athletetic career and am not allowed to participate in volleyball until I get this figured out. I was recommened to go to a heart doctor and take eletric exams and other ones ( I don't remember the name wasn't really into the conversation honestly lol)

I am hoping someone thinks they may understand what this is, or if I am truly anemic. I just didn't believe this had anything to do with my heart... I thought more of my stomach or veins or something but I know nothing about medical issues so I am probably not right.

Please help me. I don't want to get all of these tests just to find nothing and still live with these conditions. I know for a fact it's not my diet, I also have been taking iron supplements to help considering my coaches believe I lack iron. I am not dehydrated.

Oh also when I workout I get insane cramps as if I'm getting cramps from my period (even when I'm not on it)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Has anyone suggested it could be a muscular problem, like not enough oxygen getting to your muscles. It all sounds very complicated to me. Electrolytes springs to mind but I'm not sure why! Good luck, hope you get the help want.

• Posted

You should get a blood test. (It didn't sound like they tested you)? Testing for anemia is a simple way to start. I just asked them to when I went in for dizziness and a bunch of other stuff. All the problems I had were from the anemia.

• Posted

Yes a blood test is a good idea, and test for B12 as this is needed to aid iron absorption.

Is lactic acid something to do with cramping?

An ECG and 24 heart monitor with your heart doctor would detect any abnormal heart rythms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.