Liver ablation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had 3 hours of liver ablation over a week ago , since I have had difficulty breathing and am still in a lot of pain in the right side of my chest .... is this normal has it is making me panic so I take deeper breaths

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Darren, sorry I can't help you, but I'm sure someone here may have more knowledge about ablation. Difficulty in breathing must feel very uncomfortable. Maybe you could ring the hospital and ask to speak to the consultant, or your GP. 

• Posted

Thank you , I have looked at forum I found and it seems a lot of ppl suffer the same side affects and these can last up to 10 weeks in some cases , I must say it put my mind at rest has a lot of these patients thought they where having a heart attack ! I'm bit surprised the information is not available in the side effects. I'm just happy I'm one of the ones that found the info . Thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.