Liver break off in ct

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, my dad just did a ct scan of his liver. It seems part of his liver is breaking off, the doctor said he has never seen this before. Help please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

what are his symtoms?
    • Posted

gastric reflux, gagging very day it's a long time illness, couple of years already, never took a ct of liver was only checking stomach and food canal.
  • Posted

Hi Archikai,

I'm no healthcare professional here, but I didn't know part of a person's liver can start breaking off. Does your father have any other symptoms (Jaindice, gallstones, etc) or conditions (viral hepatitis or an alcoholic liver, etc)? I'm sorry to hear about what's going on with your dad and hope he heals soon. The awesome thing about the liver is that it is capable of regenerating itself.

I'm just speculating here: When I think something is breaking off to mean that can signal it's a diseased portion of the liver that had died (necro) or he had a severe injury to the liver that ripped it partially and it's a dead end dropping off so the new position can grow in. It's just speculation. I honestly don't know either. It's hard to say without prior info on why he was recommended a CT scan??

it's best to keep him following up with his doctor. The tech and Doctor I hope will figure it out. I'm very interested in know why myself. Let us know any new info that comes in.

• Posted

Thank you, I have his ct scan image but don't know how to upload it to the forum.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.