Liver cirrhosis and renal failure

Posted , 1 user is following.

please can someone talk to me

my husband has been ill since Jul 2021 . vomiting, weak, multiple times to a&e etc

He got a liver biopsy and was told he had fibrosis and to stop drinking but he couldnt just stop as he could go into a seizure or heart attack so to cut down until he gets a place in rehab!

God he suffered at home but 3 weeks ago I called an ambulance as he was going yellow.

fast forward he is still in hospital, told he has 20% chance of survival as his kidneys were failing from having cirrhosis! The consultants then gave him albumin and a cocktail of drugs, 8 days after treatment it worked, he got a place eventually in rehab BUT the day of going the kidneys were failing again, plus the liver declined further and the consultant said he hasnt got a good chance of survival but try the treatment again and see if he has some infection causing the liver to decline, the chest xray showed a haze so they treating as a chest infection.

tomorrow i speak to the consultant to see whats happened since last week, i am beside myself!

has anyone had this type of failure and come out the other end living?? I am so sad and just cant imagine what may happen as they talking about palliative care if this doesnt work but I have to work full time to place a roof over our heads etc, im so confused, heartbroken and worried!

thanks for reading

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.