Liver damage?

Posted , 5 users are following.

2 months ago on February 02, 2017 I made a terrible decision. The night before February 1st I had drank 11 beers and the night before that, 7. I'm feb 2nd I took 2, 500 mg acetaminophen pills and one naproxen tablet. That night I got terrible abdominal pain. About 2 weeks later the abdominal pain went away, but things still aren't back to normal. I am nearly constantly itchy, my feet are always cold, I get a bad taste in mouth, my heart rate is at 88 all of the time, I am experiencing tingling in my arms and legs in certain position, and have had a terrible acne breakout on my face. Anyways I got liver function tests done 3 times and everything has came back normal. I am 18 years old. I think I have little time left, does anyone have any thoughts? I havent gotten jaundice, and no fluid hypertension. Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Trust me I went exactly through what you went all symptoms aré anxiety thinking about it to much

• Posted

Did you ever get back to normal if so how long did it take?
  • Posted

If no-one comes in with better suggestions, I would drink masses of water to try to flush out your system. AND not drink anything else (no sweetened drinks, no tea, no coffee). I would also switch to a mostly vegetable diet to place less strain on your organs. But I am no expert.  I had liver disease and still have kidney disease and the advice for the kidneys is to drink at least 3 pints of water a day (which I find quite hard): some others apparently manage to drink 3 litres of water a day !  I feel sorry for your predicament, everyone makes mistakes some time in their lives. The important thing is not to repeat mistakes !  I think the fact that your liver results have come back as normal is great news and wish you well.
  • Posted

I agree as mad as it sounds there's not a symptom you have mentioned that couldn't be put down to anxiety, what does your Dr think

• Posted

I thanks for the advice but I just feel so tired and terrible and just don't think this is going away.

• Posted

My doctor did think that it could be anxiety related, however I am a bit convinced I messed something up. Could it be the possibility that the lft wasn't accurate?

• Posted

Thanks for the replies, all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.