Liver disease

Posted , 4 users are following.

l have just been newly diagnosed with liver disease or fatty liver. I know nothing about this problem, I am also type 2 diabetic and yes over weight. Does anyone else have the nausea feeling. I have had pain just under my diaphragm for weeks but that appears to have gone l also have mild portal hypertensive gastropathy lm hoping someone can fill me in more with this problem.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I do not know this problem much. i learnt that Fatty liver is common in obese people.
  • Posted

hello  julie,, I think you have answered your own question. Your food intake is most likely the reason for your liver disorder .You have to get it under control, and eat small portions of healthy food, and your liver should return to normal. Are you over eating ,or eating fatty foods.??
  • Posted

The liver plays an important role in many bodily functions from protein production and blood clotting to cholesterol, glucose , and iron metabolism. 

Liver disease is any disturbance of liver function that causes illness. The liver is responsible for many critical functions within the body and should it become diseased or injured, the loss of those functions can cause significant damage to the body. 

• Posted

Liver is obviously a major organ in the body. I know certain people who have fatty livers. None of such people who met me were prescribed a medication for it. The Drs only advised them to exercise and be careful eating fatty food. I wonder if there is a specific medicine for it.
  • Posted

Very common.  My doctor told me I had a fatty liver during an ultrasound back in June, which is odd despite me not being obese.  He didn't explain how I got it, but my best guess was my high fat diet and my gallbladder going bad contributed to my liver going fatty.  Since my blood work was normal and didn't have symptoms near my liver, my doctor wasn't too concerned.  After some research, I found out you'll need to clean up your diet for a while.  Limit the fat intake and try to eliminate high fructose corn syrup.  Consider taking Milk Thistle and lose any weight if you're overweight, and over time your liver should go back to normal.  But it does take a while, sometimes years, so be patient. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.