Liver exzymes up again

Posted , 8 users are following.

Much to my surprise,my latest LFT showed my AS going up from 45 to 64,despite not having a drink for over 9 weeks.My previous AS was down from 65 to 45 after 7 weeks. Can it fluctuate like this or is there something else going on? I had a liver scan which didn't show anything.I was previously on about 60 units a week.  

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. Welcome. You won't get an appointment now as if it's like my GPs, all appointments gone after 9. If you call your GP now you will be able to get him to call you. Hopefully this may put your mind at rest. Good luck xx
  • Posted

Thanks for all your suggestions.Just got back from A&E.They prodded me and did my bloods.The doctor said that my liver(?),pancreas and kidneys are all right.He then said "no organ damage". Not sure how he can be sure just from bloods,but it made me feel better.
  • Posted

My latest LFTs,17 days later,show ALT down from 64 to 41.It looks like it was the methocarbamol which bothered my liver.My GP says that in 2-4 weeks a couple of pints won't do me any harm.This will be 14-16 weeks after my last drink.

• Posted

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

But don't go crazy and sink inti alcoholism, Eric!

Love Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.