Liver Function Test Showing 125

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

I have had a blood test the other day and the results have came back and I got a call from the doc saying that they wanted to see me.

My LFT is raised to 125 now should I be worried, He has booked me a scan on my Liver for 3 weeks time, But I am chewing myself what could be wrong.

I am overweight but now on a panic diet...HELP as I am going insane

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Stewart there are many facets to the LFT so first off getting one raised will not be too much of a problem depending on which one, I'm guessing it will be your GGT and this can be raised for loads of reasons including yoy having a drink the night before so please try not to worry, I'm thinking your somewhere other than UK as Here they would say restest in 3 months

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply,

I am in the UK, I am also showing glucose intolerant, I havent drank alcohol for 5 yrs,Really worried that it could be Hepatitis or am I just over thinking things.

• Posted

That is not the end of the world either as with diet you can turn that around pretty quickly as in months with a change of diet and weight loss.

I think that's your problem pre diabetes is quite common nowadays but like I said very reversible.

So yes you are over thinking it, so why do you think hepatitis

• Posted

My saying is don't build bridges before you need to cross the river, hopefully the person you participated with was std free, worse case scenario would mean you need treatment but it would mean when caught early the outcome is good

• Posted

Every other std has came back clear....now I did have a raise 3yr ago but not this high....I imagine hep would show higher levels
    • Posted

I think the doc would of said as my secind test came back high but he is seeing me in 2 weeks time surley he would of called me down quicker for hep I hope chewing myself to death
    • Posted

Hi Alexandria,

My ALT, Cholosterol and glucose were abnormal....They have told me not too worry about it as the doc thinks that it is fatty liver

• Posted

That explains a lot, you are obviously going to have to change your diet and lose weight and that should in time bring that back in line, fatty liver is reversible so don't worry and he would have had you seeing an hepotolologist pretty quick if he was really worried, off you go to gym LOL

• Posted

Alex thanks for you support mate, Seen the doc today LFT 125 she was not concerned.... Cholesterol was 7.4 she wanted to start me on Stinlits or something...I declined and said Diet and Gym and see where I am in a months time....She said Hep is not a concern as everything else apart from my sugar is fine.

In a nutshell I am a Fat Bas***d and need to loose weight quick and fast.

Thanks again for your support

• Posted

Your welcome Stuart, see nothing to be concerned with but yes it intricately down to your weight and unhealthy diet, that can all change really quickly cause your going to change your life around, good luck and any advice is openly available,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.