Liver. Hemangioma and cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

WENT FOR ULTRASOUND SCAN YESTERDAY FOR GALLBLADDER AND WAS INFORMED THAT I HAD A LIVER HEMANGIOMA?? AND A CYST ON LIVER? ALSO A 4mm GALLBLADDER POLYP ! WAS TOLD THAT THE HEMANGIOMA HAD PROBABLY BEEN THERE SINCE BIRTH BUT ON MY LAST ULTRASOUND AT GP THEY SAID MY LIVER WAS FINE?! CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE ON THIS?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP !

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i had the same thing last november. a liver ultrasound with cyst and gall bladder polyp then an MRI. the mri showed the liver cyst too and a cyst on kidney as well.

i am on 6 month watch for cyst changes via ultrasound. fun, right?

• Posted

Hi VeeWat,

Sorry to hear your having the same issues as me, great fun and games! Did you have a hemangioma as well? Is that what they do next just keep monitoring you for changes/growth etc?

What size is the polyp? Mine is 4mm so I guess they will just monitor but didn't realise it was as much as every 6 months!! You must be getting fed up of ultrasounds by now! Hope all goes well for you keep me posted how you get on.

Take care and best wishes

• Posted

my G B polyp was3-4 mm. Doc said they have to be watched as they can turn into cancer.

my liver cyst is not hemangioma but some other cyst 5-6 mm.

these have to be monitored ever 6 months to see if they grow,

• Posted

i had a hemangioma the size of a grapefruit about 13 years ago. i was given conflicting information so i got two more second opinions. hemangiomas are blood vessels that over grow. by the time they discovered mine it was pressing on my spine causing a lot of pain. i had a liver resection of 3/4 of my liver at that time. I finally was referred to a liver transplant surgeon who performed the surgery. my recommendation is to get an opinion of a GI and a Hepatologist. this is their specialty.

• Posted

I'm waiting to see what they intend to do next and will go from there. I doubt mine will be as big as the one you had as they said its probably been there since birth, but I don't understand why no one has seen it before on any of the scans I've had ? Also why did the GP tell me my liver looks fine at ultrasound in April, very odd!Thanks for your advice Kendra99162 hope you are doing well now after the surgery and your in much better health these days. These hemangiomas are such weird things!

Best wishes to you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.