Liver mass causes.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had  gallbladder removal surgery yesterday and the after surgery ultrasound came back show a mass on my liver.  I go for an MRI Monday.  Has anyone else had this happen? And what was the outcome.. Please help I'm afraid it could be something horrible 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi sarah  i had my gall bladder removed 10 years ago , and wasnt given any dietary advice ,which is why an ultrasound on my liver over a month ago , shown a fatty liver. so with a low fat and limited alcohol diet , it should reverse the fat in my liver , so it could be that as the gallbladder fails to do its job properly ,(and that is to break down the fat ),your liver could be storing more fat than usual . 
    • Posted

I have had several gallbladder attacks and had problems for about 4 years.. Both acted up worse after my pregnancys.  Hope u are right.  BC I haven't had any symptoms of anything other than gallstones.  
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, sorry, I haven't had a mass on my liver, but I'm proof full liver transplants work well! I know it is worrying but the best thing to do is wait for the results from the scan. There are lots of causes of liver mass which are non-cancerous and one that is common in ladies is a hemangioma (just as an example of one). It's a load of blood vessels that get tangled & doesn't generally need treatment. 

I'm not a doctor but just trying to say that there's a lot of reasons  / things it could be that aren't bad. I understand it's concerning, but try to wait for the results before you worry yourself into a condition. Modern medicine is amazing, even if it turns out to be problematic.

let us know how you get on. Chin up my dear, hope it's nothing....fingers crossed for you.

• Posted

Thank u.. Been worried sick..  I have a 4 year old and 7 week old that needs their mommy.  
  • Posted

Hi Sara I know it's difficult but try not to worry it could be anything abscesses are quite common as are cysts good luck Chrissy 
  • Posted

Hi Sara what a horrible time your having you must be very worried...however a (mass) is not nessasry cancer hopefully you'll get an answer soon all the best 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.