Liver (or potentially also gallbladder) issues, or something affecting it

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there 😃 I have no idea if this is the right place, but hopefully this is a good start...

Around 4 months ago I got unwell, it started out with sores on my tongue and then escalated into several things including inflammation of my throat, tongue feeling sensitive, loss of appetite, pain around my liver area, nausea, digestive issues, diahoria etc My energy levels were extremely low, I lost quite a bit of weight(~5kg) and was feeling really ill. I started doing better a few weeks later, and have slowly settled into these last couple of months where my symptoms have been consistent and I'm not getting worse or better at the moment.

I've seen my doctor over this period of time, and they're happy to just monitor me and see what happens as they don't really know what to do next other than wait.

Basic summary of symptoms:

1. Never get hungry, but I can eat, and enjoy eating etc
  2. Uncomfortable pain/almost inflammation like feeling around my liver area that comes and goes(when its there its never more than a 3/10 pain)
  3. Liver tests show my bilirubin has been fluctuating over the last few months

I have no idea if its related, but 3-4 months ago when I first started feeling unwell I got really sick - I had sores on my tongue, my throat got inflamed and it felt like I couldn't swallow, energy levels dropped, nauseous, had diahoria and other digestive issues and felt unwell in general. Since then I've had some level of sensitivity on my tongue from time to time, and my jaw feels tighter at times as well. My eyes are also still yellow-ish, but this was much more so 3 months ago.

Tests I've done:

1. Lost of blood work, CBC, CRP, Haemoglobin, Renal, CMV, Hepatitis(A-C), HIV, Iron, Calcium, B12, Magnesium, Selenium, Troponin T, Thyroid etc all came back normal
  2. Throat swab, faecal test all normal
  3. 30 Jul - Ultrasound of abdominal area that showed nothing
  4. 27 Aug - Xray of chest that was normal
  5. 6 Sep - CT scan of abdominal and pelvis that showed: 7mm hypodense lesion in segment 7 of the liver is of close to water density and is likely to represent cyst. 18mm cyst towards lower pole of the right kidney. Everything else was normal.
  6. Also did a gastroscopy and colonoscopy, all normal.

I've also seen a nutritionist, done dietary changes, did a liver cleanse, a hair test and cut out many foods for several weeks.

As I said my doctor is not worried about any of the results, and they're happy to just wait it out and see if I get better/worse and take it form there. I'd really like to get more opinions, possibly someone else out there has had similar issues.

Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello, John

Sounds like you are doing your due diligence, which is great. I've experienced similar issues over the past several years without a lot of success in the way of a diagnoses or solution. In addition to what you have done already (if you haven't), perhaps cutting out any alcohol and starting an exercise regimen would help. Also, try to keep a positive mindset as much as possible. One thing about this website/chat is you'll find you are not alone. There are a lot of us out there fighting with the same or similar issues, so the support here is great.

Thanks,

Jj

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.