Liver pain after symptoms have gone?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Was diagnosed with Glandular Fever on the 27th of September, and was signed off work for two weeks. Doctor told me my liver was inflamed. I couldn't eat, lost weight, had swollen glands and severe sore throat with swollen tonsils. My liver was aching then, but it was everytime I stood up. 

Doctor advised me to have another blood test. I had one on the 9th, and it came back positive again. By the end of the week, my symptoms died down. 

This week, my symptoms have now come back. I have nausea every morning and every night, losing my appetite again, and my liver still hurts, as well as my lower abdomen, and groin. Is this normal? I'm on my third week of having the virius. 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi butterflyx , I was diagnosed with ebv infection in may of this year and at about the 2 month stage my liver swelled and now over 5 months on I am still suffering with upper right side pain everyday. I’ve had ultrasounds, endoscope, x ray and waiting on ct scan results. I’ve had various weird pains all over, depression , anxiety and all the usual.  I hope you feel better soon 

Ash 

• Posted

Has anyone had eye floaters? 
    • Posted

Yes I remember walking to the doctors office feeling weak, nauseous and seeing floaters every time I blinked. That was the first week when I came down with the virus.
    • Posted

I didn’t have it at the start, it came on at about 3 months and have stayed. I guess everybody reacts slightly differently to it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.