Liver pain for nearly 20 years but still no diagnosis!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi 25 years ago I joined the army the parachute regiment! My first posting was Kenya in 1992 we were given malaria meds lariam on a trial basis but didn't know it!!! All was OK whilst in the military however on leaving the army at the end of 94 I started feeling unwell just generally feeling poorly! So obviously off to the docs this went on for a year or so and then over night the feeling went, so all was OK again for 6 months or so, doctors thought it was depression or some sought of post viral syndrome! Again symptoms came back foul taste in mouth, dull pain in liver area and again feeling generally unwell! I could work but I really struggled!! Fast forward 20 years and I've had many of these what I call flare ups with many symptoms ranging from bowl problems to the obvious anxiety symptoms but one thing that stays is this pain in my liver area which is always together with the foul taste in my mouth! I've been more unwell than well and generally life has been difficult to say the least!!! My bloods have always been good but my cholesterol has always been very high! And my last two ultra sounds have shown my liver to be OK but my spleen is Enlarged! They won't do a biopsy because my bloods are good! I'm pretty much convinced Im suffering from quite serious liver damage and feel I am being let down seriously by my doctors all of them! You read that early diagnosis is so important but they won't do a liver biopsy unless your bloods are wrong! Then you read that your liver can function perfectly with only %25 of it working!!! It seems to me there waiting for my liver problem to get to the point of no return before they will do anything! Crazy messed up system! Can anyone relate to this? Any advice? I'm booked in for a Fibroscan next week!!

So hopefully I will get answers from that!

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yay! Good news.
    • Posted

😉

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

• Posted

Walking would be more appropriate. But the answer is no . Still planning on it :-( will start this weekend.
  • Posted

Have you had an success with finding answers? Any new info to share?

• Posted

Have you had an success with finding answers? Any new info to share?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.