Liver Pain....when will it go away???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone know how long it could take for the annoying and uncomfortable pain to go away? Its only been 5 days since i was diagnosed with AFLD and ive been eating super healthy and drinking close to 2 liters of water a day. I would like to know from your experience.

Also is there anything over the counter i can take for the pain?

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

More details needed.
    • Posted

I have upper right pain just behind my ribcage. The pain comes and goes daily, and its not excruciating pain but just a bit achy. It doesn't hurt when i move or bend my body and its more like a pulsating throb. Im not sure how else to describe the pain but its localized when i think my liver is.

• Posted

Hi, I had the same pain for an year. I was told it's capsular pain and only way is to reduce weight. I reduced weight, fat intake and ate in small portions. I feel much better now. So basically reducing size of one's liver will help with this aching pain.

• Posted

Hey guys,

just an update on my liver pain, i have not had a drink in 14 days today and i really dont have any urge to drink other that here on Los Angeles CA where its 100+ degrees F, it would be nice to have a ice cold brew but i refrain from it cry

I have been exercising 3-4 days a week, i eat nothing but chicken, fruits, and a ton of green veggies. No sugars or processed food with loads of salt. And as of today the pain has subsided!! Everyone once in a while i will feel a swift dull pain but it goes away within seconds. 

I will be going to blood work tomorow morning and i have a follow up Dotors visit on the 27th. This will be just a physical exam, which i will ask for another ultrasound to be done just to see if my live has reduced in size. I know fatty liver takes many many minths to be reversed so i will assume that hasnt changed at all. I will follow up within a week or so.

Thanks

• Posted

Hey guys,

Just another follow up on recent blood work:

Prior labs 5-31-17

Ast 42-H 15-37

Alt 39 16-61

Total Bili .5 .2-1.0

Albumin 3.6 3.4-5.0

Globulin 3.5 2.3-4.1

Now labs 6-28-17

Ast 17 10-40

Alt 19. 9-46

• Posted

Total bili 6540-115

Albumin 4.5 3.6- 5.1

Globulin 2.5 1.9-3.7

So being that my ast and alt have dropped a bit, could i still have fatty liver? I will be going to GI doctor soon a to have other things checked out like my colon and upper abdomen looked at.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.