Liver pains, and recieved blood test.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I cant go to a dr. But while I was in jail, they gave me a liver functuon test. And told me the dr didnt recommend anything. But Ive had liver pains for awhile and have been a heavy drinker. Ive quit for a few months and am serious about abstaining.

Can anyone tell me if these levels are safe?

Albumin 4.4

Alk phos 46 (flag LL - range should be 53-128)

Bilirubin 0.4

Bun 9

Calcium 9.9

Chloride 102

Creatinine, serum 0.90

Gfr (non afr amer) 100

Gfr (afr amer) 121

Glucose 84

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Normal blood test results for typical liver function tests include:

ALT. 7 to 55 units per liter (U/L)

AST. 8 to 48 U/LALP. 45 to 115 U/LAlbumin. 3.5 to 5.0 grams per deciliter (g/dL)

Total protein. 6.3 to 7.9 g/dLBilirubin. 0.1 to 1.2 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL)GGT. 9 to 48 U/LLD. 122 to 222 U/LPT. 9.5 to 13.8 seconds

Hi I am not sure if this will help but these are normal results for a male

These results are typical for adult men. Normal results vary from laboratory to laboratory and might be slightly different for women and children.

Your doctor will use these results to help diagnose your condition or determine treatment you might need. If you already have liver disease, liver function tests can help determine how your disease is progressing and if you're responding to treatment

• Posted

I would say yes, if there's anything within your test results that raise alarm bells you would be contacted by your GP slightly raised levels can even be normal for you, we are not all text book, also meds and even a cold can alter them.

If you have any concerns see your GP and write down your questions before you go

• Posted

Hey Anthony,

looking at you tests, they all seem to be with in the normal range. Im basing this off of what my labratory test show as normal. And yes labratories vary, but not by much. So just by looking at yours, you are in great shape.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.