LIVER TEST

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI! Im needing advice.....I am a 27 yr old female. I went to the doctor for chonic back pain. She ran an ALT test and it came back to be 262, it say the normal range is in between 14-59. Is that something to be concerned about?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any symptoms of liver disease, abdo pain, problems with reflux, eating certain foods, problems with bowel movements? What did your doctor say, and do you drink.

Sorry for the questions.

aa

• Posted

Yes lots of abdomen pain, i have a history of reflux. I dont drink at all. The doctor never told me about the alt number i found it on "mychart" and i was wondering if it was normal for it to be that high without a doctor saying something about it.

• Posted

Afraid i'm not familiar with 'mychart', can you tell me about it? can you see your other liver function test results on there, in particular ALP and GGT?

What's the pain like? anything make it better or worse? and what's your diet like?

An ALT 262 is high, but not terribly high, it can go up a lot beyond that! But it does hint at at least something going on, nothing that needs sorting today though before you panic! Why don't you ask your doc about it, they will be in a much better place to make further judgement as they can better interpret test results, put them together with your history and clinical examination. 

aa

• Posted

First question, as has been asked, do you drink and if so, how much?
  • Posted

I am not a doctor but certainly it is way above the normal ceiling so I will seek proper medical

advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.