Liver ultrasound

Posted , 6 users are following.

Wondering if someone can help I have been having blood test on my liver and my enzyme is enlarged doctors says it's 178 I have been booked for a ultrasound this week but i also have a lump in my limfergland and getting night sweats. I have had another blood test before my ultrasound and it's still rising the docks says am a mystery and the enzyme raised is to do with my bones ? Any help 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rach, I think you are telling us that you have elevated liver enzymes - of 178 - and a lump in a lymph gland [do you mean an enlarged lymph node?]

You are having an ultrasound on your liver this week, where they will hope to see if they can find any abnormalities

Have a look at this page, go down a little, till you see the section on Liver and Gallbladder.  It is very informative

https://patient.info/doctor/ultrasound-scanning-non-obstetric

Ask your doctor if you don't understand, or a nurse.

Good luck Rach, come back and tell us how you get on.

• Posted

Hi my doctor says am a mystery she isn't sure what is wrong but someone told me it sounds like leukemia I just hope it's not was just trying to find out if anyone else had these symptoms and what was the outcome 
    • Posted

My husband had Leukaemia and they found it when he had a blood test, he had an abnormal blood test and he was called in to see a Haematologist straight away and he did a lumbar puncture.

My husband had elevated white cells, virtually no platelets and very few red cells.

You will have to trust your doctor and wait for results, tell her your worries and don't try to second guess your diagnosis.

Go back and see her 

• Posted

Well I had my ultrasound and she said I have the most beautiful liver she ever seen so why the heck is my blood test saying my enzymes are enlarged ? Strange see what the doctor says on Friday 

• Posted

Have you also had a repeat blood test?  It would be interesting to know whether your enzymes are still 'elevated'  [they go up and down, they don't tend to get bigger and smaller!]

It could just have been a blip and things may be back to normal now.

Let me know how you get on on Friday.

• Posted

Well the doctor phoned me Tuesday after another blood test and said they have gone up again they been going up for 2 months so can't have gone down by 3 days surley well will see what they say Friday problerly will do repeats again anyway 

• Posted

They'll have to do more tests then,  at least your liver is apparently undamaged at the moment.

Good luck Rach.

• Posted

HI Rachel.

YOu need to ask for a second opinion. Raised Gamma levels and enlarged lymph glands could be something that needs further investigation;

Please do insist ona second opinion; i wish you the best .

please do let me know how you get on. smile

in addition; you may want to consider oregano oil.. smile

• Posted

Thats strange, did they find any answers ?, i had a blood test  too on the liver, mine came back abnormal, i dont no what was wrong i never asked.I asked if all the other ones were ok and she said no i have to go back in months time for another one for liver and bones wonder if thers any connection.i also have night sweats. Im not aloud alcohol for a month toofrownhow did you get on x
    • Posted

Hi no I am still none the wiser 6 months later still telling me my liver is show my enzymes enlarged but not getting anywhere ultrasound also showed nothing so am going back next week for answers cause I don't know if I should be worried or not
    • Posted

oh no thats rubbish.I have read that hormones can give you funny results but not sure what sorry,but it somthing to do with eastrogens floating around the liver,im hoping this will be my trouble.If i hear anything i let you know,Go back get some answers,let me no 

Take care x

• Posted

I read your post about having ultrasound....how did you make out...my alt #s were 107 and I too am having ultrasound...I hope yours went well...how long does it take?..will I know anything that day?..I also have had bladder cancer 4x..I have peripheral neuropathy,macular degeneration,osteoartheritis ..all this in last three years...but I still am up and moving around...I am 43 and live in Falmouth ,Mi,...thanks for taking time to read...I hope you have great day.
    • Posted

I was told their and then that all was fine it all come down to the fact I was taking too many paracetamols (advised by the doctor for my migraines) which damaged my liver but after not taking them for a few months it all went back to normal but I have to avoid paracetamol so thankfully as was well
  • Posted

I am having a liver ultrasound. I have multiple sclerosis and been on 3 different meds that have Interferon in them. My Dr said she wanted to check something and can't remember what she said. So how long did it take and what were they looking for?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.