Livial and Prostap combined

Posted , 2 users are following.

what a discovery htis website is! I take prostap monthly (on month 4 of 6) for endo (prescribed by Gybae consultatn) and was given livial to stop menopausal symptoms. I felt great for 4-6 weeks but then developed horrendous aches in my hips, thighs etc and coul dhardly get out of bed int he morning as I felt so exhausted that i went back to my sympathetic GP who suggested coming off. within days i felt better however the hot flushes began! On next gynae appt (3months into my 6 months of treatment) I told her about hot flushes and stoppin livial and she firmly recommended restartin livial for protection against osteo/heart disease/hot flushes. I have taken it for a month, felt OK at the beginning but am now feeling like an old woman - I'm 41! and the pain in my hips/lower is constant and crippling.

It looks as thought its a straight choice between flushes and aching. How marvellous.

Hopefully once they've cleared some of my endo through this combined treatment I'll be OK again, but somehow I THINK NOT. My gut feeling is that I'm in for a packet for the next few years : sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Would like to know what you finally did, i am adivsed by the doctor to start on livial, and dont know what to do.
  • Posted

Hi there, thanks for your interest after all of this time. In the end I finished the course of combined Prostap and Livial HRT which helped with my endo problem and a whole load of other symptoms (tiredness, moodiness, lack of enery, back ache) that I hadn't always noticed - ie. i had learnt to live with these things and just accepted them as me getting older. Once I came off the medicines all of the symptoms returned. I was given the combined drugs to "mimic" a hyesterechtomy - they called it a chemical hysterechtomy and they wanted to see if my health improved during it, which it dramatically did.

On Feb 6 last year I had a full hysterechtomy (leaving my cervix) and I have never felt better!! The pain attacks have gone and its cured a whole load of symptoms that I had that (as i explained) I didn't even know I had, things that I'd just put down to age lol!! I now take Livial HRT every day and it causes me no bother whatsoever. I have no side effects - no weigth gain, hot flushes, nothing. I can honoestly say that i havene't felt this well for 10 years (since I had my kids - which is when all my troubles began haha!).

Good luck with it should you decide to take it smile Le tme know how you get on and why you ar prescribed it and if you need any more info please just ask

Love Kath

• Posted

I had a cysts on my ovary-semi nodule (solid) and multiple fibroids. had a total hysterectormy. both ovaries too were removed. i have a family history of breast cancer( mother and sister). just completed 2 months post surgery. so little uncertain about taking Livial. so far only sympthoms of menopause are hot flushes/cold flushes which i can bear. I was also told by the doctor before surgery. before surgery the doctor had told me that vitamin d was less in my body. so he prescripted calcium tab with vitamin d. so at the moment i am only taking vitamin d. any advice would be appreciated.
  • Posted

i mean i am taking calicum 600 with d3.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.