Living abroad with blepharitis? Good idea or bad idea?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys, I've been been suffering for awhile with blepharitis. ( made few threads here also). I live in USA right now but I actually got a job offer to live in Japan. I think this is great opportunity for me but my blepharitis condition is making me to doubt about this.

If I live abroad I will have less time to take care of my eyes and will be more difficult as well. Also of I get job here in USA but if my blepharitis condition is so bad that I can't continue doing the job, I can quit the job and try find other job that I can do even with my terrible blepharitis. I can't do that if I go to japan because this is a contract job.

Also, seeing doctor in USA than japan will be so much easier since I speak no Japanese. I am just depressed that blepharitis is blocking my life from being successful and better life.

Do you guys think I should still try the job in Japan? Or should I worry about my eyes and don't take any chance of living abroad with risk of not being able to get right treatment for my blepharitis?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I don't know about Japan but when ever I go to south east Asia my symptoms almost disappear.. I go there for months and it is the best my eyes ever feel.. I put it down to the high humidity but Japan is a built up area so I doubt it would help but I would give it ago as there would be ways of treatment there.
  • Posted

Wow,  i would definately go to japan !!! what an experience for you. you cant let this blephatitis condition stop you from living your life !! You will know how to manage your condition,and im sure if you need any medical help there will be good health care in Japan.......may well be better than Usa !!!   I work in Catering which i love but you can imagine the heat and dry atmosphere isnt good for my Blephatitis but as long as i manage my condition im ok........Good Luck for a new life in Japan
  • Posted

What symptoms exactly cause you so much problem that you may not be able to continue doing your job? Is it the burning sensations? sad

I think you should take the job. Medical treatment is available worldwide. To limit yourself based on your blepharitis would be such a shame... you only live once and dont let blepharitis ruin that!! wishing you the best of luck!

• Posted

The job in Japan would require me to read a lot. My eyes can get watery and irritated when I have to focus for long time.

On the job interview I said that I'm all healthy but that kinda is a lie. So if the jobsituation becomes too intense for my eyes handle and tell them, they may question me that I lies to them about being all healthy. And this is contract job so bad things can happen if I try to break it.

I never had a job since I contacted blepharitis so I don't know how I would function in job environment, whether my eyes can handle it or I really have to find a job that I can do even with terrible blepharitis.

I got 2 more days to whether to take the offer or decline, so I will take some time with it.

Honestly blepharitis a like a curse. It just won't leave you alone to have a normal life.

• Posted

Depends whether pollution is a problem to your eyes or not . Time spent by the sea for a few days helps with the dryness aspect of my posterior blepth . salty sea spray maybe , or just less pollution ?
    • Posted

The job requires lots of reading, but not sure if my eyes can handle it. Sometimes my eyes can handle long reading and sometime don't. I don't want to take risk by signing a contract that requires I can't do, especially living aboard. When I'm home at least it's easier to take care of my eyes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.