Living in constant fear! :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

My anxiety has come back after slowly getting back to my normal self. I have started getting negative thoughts in my head, constantly fear of dying and scared that something bad will happen to me. The 'what ifs' keep running through my mind. I am 19 years old and have my whole life ahead of me as people keep telling me. But how can I live my life when I'm always having these fearful thoughts sad ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Angie, I am so sorry you are having these feelings.  With everything that's we see on the news, it's no wonder people are living in fear.  However, that is no way to live.  Most of our fears never come true; therefore, we worry for nothing.  Please see a therapists.  Try to replace thoughts of fear with somethiing pleasant...like nothing has happened to me yet...I should not worry about what might happen.  I wil not die before my time, which I do not know and can't do anything about so I must not concern myself with that thought. praying for you.
  • Posted

You need to see a psychiatrist NOW and get a anti-anxiety/depression drug in order to alleviate those feelings now.  Don't wait.  Anti-anxiety medication works immediately and you need relief right now or you may do some thing that you can not recover from. A lot of hearts depend on what you do.  I lost my brother.  Don't let any one lose you.  Especially not yourself.  You can work out all the why's and what for's later.  
  • Posted

Have you seen your GP? He's the one who  can refer you to the right professionals. Before you go write down your feelings /symptoms and how they are affecting you. 

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi angie35644

I was just wondering how you have been getting on?

Hope things are better now.

Lou

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.