Living in the moment

Posted , 5 users are following.

I can`t be the only one who feels like this. For over a year now I feel  spaced out, having memory problems, lack of concentration, really tired every day and I more and more feel like I`m living in the moment. As if there was no past or no future ahead. Once in a while I get moments of clarity where I feel almost normal ,this could last a day or sometimes a week but then something triggers a relapse and all the symptoms are  worse then before.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I had this problem for around 2 years myself, but I was able to get past it. I'm going through a relapse now for the first time in close to 5 years, but I know that I can get past this with the help of past experience and my faith. Keep you head up and keep pushing, you can be happy again.

All the best.

• Posted

Did you notice during your time of relapse that symptoms are worse then during previous bouts? This is something that worries me a lot, same for totally new physical symtoms which I never experienced before.
    • Posted

Some parts are worse or different, mostly the physical ones, but your mind works in the same way. Once you can control how to think and react, you'll deal with it a lot better. It's not easy, but you can get there. 
  • Posted

Hello! First of all I know exactly how you feel, it's pants. Are you on any medication? I was put on citalopram and have been seeing a therapist and it's completely gone away now! Hope this helps x
    • Posted

Pants is an understatement  to be honestsmile I`m on no medication at all. I had these symtoms on and off for the last 16 years. But now it`s a permanent issue. Most worrying are the memory problems for me, wondering if thsoe are a result of my mind being pre occupied with what ever worries me? Most of the time it`s health related issues. I probably should go and find a suitable therapist.
    • Posted

Hi rockers I to suffer from panic attacks and I also have ocd I also suffer really bad from memory problems its definitely the anxiety and constant worrying I think the brain becomes so overloaded well that's my theory. Seeing a therapist is a really good idea im waiting to see one lucky ive only got o wait till the end of the month im not taking any medication and I dont wont to one of my ocd fears is medication long story. Try exercising ive been making myself exercise everyday and after a few weeks I've noticed i do feel abit better not a cure but it helps also make sure you are eating healthy so tons of fruit and vegetables protien cut out caffeine if you can. and remember this anxiety crap cant really hurt us that's what im trying to work on at the moment anyway good luck i really hope you can get the peace you deserve
    • Posted

Same here, I`m suffering from OCD for at least 25 years. Actually I think even longer, probably since I was a teenager , just never figured it was OCD back then. I got my OCD under control at the end of 2014 but then around the same time my anxiety and depressions became really bad as if the surpressed OCD made it all worse. I used to excerccise, going for a 20 K bike ride before going to work in the morning but my tiredness does not allow for it anylonger. I eat a lot of veggies no caffeine for years, don`t drink and smoke either. It takes just little arguments with someone to get my anxiety levels up to new hights, same for health issues, flying, well you name it. For a few years I was worried daily about my kids, then my health, my work the list is long. Comine this with  OCD and you got the perfect storm I think.
  • Posted

stress can trigger our anxiety. The best we can do is just find ways to destress and anxiety lessens.  If not, consult your doctor or a counselor.
    • Posted

I noticed that too that stress will makes things a lot worse. Whenever I have an argument with my wife my mind goes in overdrive. I feel then totally nervous amd anxious and can`t focus on anything else anylonger.
    • Posted

I get anxiety when I get angry with my husband so I avoid arguments, my ocd comes on with a vengeance when I get life stresses dont no why I try to talk myself out of it but my ocd justs won't shut up. My anxiety is bad at the moment I have a feeling if un ease alot its a horrible feeling im waiting for therapy at the end of the month and trying natural things I cant take medication as one of my ocd fears is side effects of meds which of course ill get cause I Talk myself in to

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.