Living with Achalasia 3 with Dysphagia and spasms.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am from Austin Texas and you would think being from such a high tech place that there would be great Doctors that are knowledgeable. Not... My doctor diagnosed me and sent me packing it's almost comical now because I know more than he does. However, I am treating my disease with nutrition until of if I have to have surgery. I would love to help you and you help me. I have a ton of experience and if I don't know I know people that do. Please let's keep pushing the Doctors for change.. Good luck to all. Ps it been a little hard figuring out using this bog board but fun. Thanks againĀ 

jamie

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You can find out some more by visiting the website of the Oesophageal Patients Association, then The Oesophagus, then Achalasia.

There are many people out there suffering, but spread thin.

• Posted

I think I was imagining a 12-step program for Achalasia patients..

I dream of a place ran by an Achalasia patient that acts like a fat camp.

Start your morning off with homemade ice cream and protein milkshake in the sunshine by the pool..to help absorb the liquids.

Lunch with a full liquid diet and awesome soup.

Dinner whatever solids or puree the patient desires.

But I also imagine foam padded exercise rooms..I will build the pools for cost.

And I imagine we would need a doctor to administer pain medicine to help teach patients how to cope with the extreme pains and open up the sphincter with milk tricks.

I also would donate my therapy cat for those not allergic to cats..he helps me a bunch.

This is what I am dreaming of building one day..but I have only been diagnosed with this disease for 1 month..and I am using what the nurses taught me in Parkland.

I wish there was an easy solution..but I think your generation has brought this disease to the forefront...when I was a kid they thought it was leukemia..took spinal taps and blood everyday. That was why I never went back until I was dying and had to.

What do you invision Jamie?I think a lot has to be done by the patient..when I got out of hospital..I found out I had to make it happen.

• Posted

Maybe a place like a spa/resort/treatment place...it is scarey for people like us to go on vacation...Maybe if we had a safe place-with pools and stuff, yoga, chi, evening walks, therapy dogs and cats,massage, super healthy liquids...and of course doctors in case something bad happens like spasms or choking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.