Living with anxiety and afraid to take meds

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good morning everyone , i just need to vent , my anxiety has good days and not so good days , well today is one of those not so good days , I feel super shaky and nervous , my head feels weird , and I have this cough that just comes out of nowhere then leaves then returns , I just always find a way of convincing myself something is seriously wrong , yesterday my head hurt a little right in the front like my forehead area lots of pressure behind nose and eyes, also my eyes were watery and itchy my nose wasn't really congested but i had the sniffles I was going to say it was allergies but I wasn't outside I was in the house

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I swear to god I been the same way scared to take my med my first time taking Zoloft yesterday I'm pretty sensitive to prescription meds so this mightn't not be your case but I been nauseous since yesterday and this morning I can feel it trying to go away. I'm told it's a side effect but I can't do this no more I been having bad anxiety a good while now and decided I need to do something about this. Good to know I'm not the only one feeling like this I'm so tired of going through crying spells and feeling weird.

• Posted

Sorry it took me so long to respond sweetheart , Listen trust me im in the same boat with you , crying out of nowhere because of the frustration of dealing with these pains and aches and weird sensations going on in my body , it really makes me slip into depression . I've had every symptoms there is in the anxiety handbook Ive had nausea and I've even vomit its has gotten worse then better than worse than better , I shouldn't say better but more so a tolerable

• Posted

It is part of the anxiety rules and disorder not to want to use medicines. To many what if..involved. Some have too to function. If you are functioning then you do need to finds what skills and tools work for you. Try yoga. Its free, can do it at home or in a group and should help a little. A lot of stuff is out there to try in your own it is just time consuming and requires consistency. By now you know so much if what it can do so that part is good.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa hope all.is well , and yes I started yoga the last Monday of September and I go every Monday at noon , and yes it is helping my anxiety , I'm going to start going every Wednesday also . it has brought my axienty down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.