Living with constant pain due to multiple bulging cervical discs

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, I'm new to this group and would welcome a bit of friendly advice. I've had issues with generalized osteoarthritis for last couple of years and more recently, severe neck pain and stiffness which an MRI scan showed multiple bulging cervical discs(C5,C6,C7) and mild neural foramina narrowing with possible nerve root compression. My life has changed so drastically due to being in constant pain and having to live with daily headaches and dizziness, plus issues affecting both arms and hands(numbness,tingling,weakness,etc) and I would like to hear about other people's similar experiences and what treatment they've had or are having.

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have cervical and lumbar stenosis. Thds
    • Posted

Sorry, I'm wearing a hand brace and must have hit a button to post before writing much! I've taken off the brace to write. Cervical and lumbar stenosis, the so called "double crush" which I understand to be carpal tunnel aggravated or caused by cervical stenosis, frozen shoulders on both sides, knee pain, arm cramps, leg spasms, horrible pain in the outer foot and top of foot. I work a desk job. I'm able to manage it with tramadol, acetaminophen, Rx NSAID gel, , gabapentin, arnica gel, heating pad on foot at night, icing knee, foot and lower back, TENS unit at night, weekly massage, twice weekly physical therapy, lots of prayer, underwater swimming in a warm pool with a snorkel 2-3 times a week and eating "clean" It's pretty much all I can do is manage it and hold down my job. Hand spasming now will stop writing. Good luck to you. You are not alone in this

• Posted

I forgot to say I also get cortisone injections in my neck and lower back and rooster comb injections in my knee
  • Posted

I have disc bulge at c5/6 with foraminal narrowing,I've had a headache since last march,I get facial tingling,pain and numbness in arms,I have a patch of skin between shoulders where it tingles so bad it feels like my flesh is crawling,I also get cold patches on neck and upper back.the pain is awful. I've had physio....no help,acupuncture helps a little but only for a short period of time,I had CT guided cortisone injection which made everything worse. I got appointment with consultant today to see what's next.

• Posted

Hi Kim,

mine is c6/c7 with foraminal narrowing Had my first day back at work today after my shoulder surgery. Had emergency work dropped on me right away, I managed to sort it out as thats what I do but got a banging headache right away, so I've had enough of headaches, muscle spasms and numb hand and arm. I'm going to speak to a consultant about getting the disc replaced as it is now moderatley degenrated, hopefully this will free up the compressed nerve, but not sure about that, hope your appointment goes okay 

• Posted

Hi,

I would like opinions on pain suffered through cervical problems.

I have cervical stenosis and spondylosis with myolepathy and forraminal narrowing.

Originally I suffered constant pain while trying to find suitable pain control, eventually getting the pain manageable.However a couple of months ago I woke up with crippling pain in my right hip. Walking 2-3 steps was agony.On my GP instructions I increased some of my meds and within 48 hours was back to normal.Now, the cause of the pain is still there, I am only masking it. Is it telling me I shouldn't walk, or just that the cause has got worse. I have problems c4,5,6,7.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.