Living with Costo

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know I’ve probably asked this question before but is it normal to have a heart rate of between 48 to 54 whilst resting on a night and even a slow walk can put my heart rate up to 170. Also my ribs feel like they are on fire intermittent chest and back pain and trying to lift anything heavy leaves me breathless. Had all the usual heart tests. Sorry if I keep repeating myself just wish I could go a day without pain 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey Shelley, my heart rate went to 44bpm at rest last year. It felt really odd seeing numbers that low and I was convinced my costco had something to do with it, sometimes my heart rate goes up at rest and I can hear my heart beat in my ears a d feel itnin my head. I truly believe the costco has something to do with it seeing that it affects the ribs and vertebrae in the spine. But don't get worked up about it cause then you'll get a anxiety attack. I know it hurts, but if you had your heart checked that should put you at ease.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I do worry a lot because heart disease runs through the family I’m always kinda of thinking have they missed something 🤔

• Posted

Have you tried a vegetarian or vegan diet? The diet is low is saturated fat and cholesterol (the reasons people get heart disease, diabetes, and cancer)
    • Posted

Hi. No it’s something I’ve looked into but will give it try. Thank you 
  • Posted

Has anyone mentioned you may have Fibro Myalgia? Are you on beta blockers? I am and my HR goes down to the low 40s at times at rest. have you had a stress test? Echo cardiogram?   I have inapprprriate sinus taccacardia. Not life threatening thank God. But your heart rate issues sound like mine. Im much better on beta blockers. My Costro is on and off but Gabapentin from my dr helps ease the pain of both conditions. Hang in there! Good health is on the way
    • Posted

Hi. I’ve had every single test apart from the stress test. They put me on beta blockers but my heart rate was so slow I couldn’t function so they took me off them. I had an angiogram and around 6 e c gs would they have shown something? Thank you for your reply and kind words 
  • Posted

I am not sure about your heart rate... mine is typically in the normal range and usually around 65 to 70 resting, although when I get up and move about it seems like it jumps up quite fast, to me anyway... I have had all the heart testing done as well and doc just did a bunch of blood testing again a few days ago, checking some usual stuff, but also checking rheumatoid factor, what ever the test is to see if there is inflammation present and some more tests which I am not totally sure of the names of.... I did get called from his office to go in and go over the tests, so I assume that something is off, else he wouldn't call... I told him my last visit that my breast , ribs, back feels like it's on fire.... I have been complaining about this for a couple years now to him, I have been to emerg I don't know how many times because it's pretty scary when it feels like your chest is on fire esp where it's on the left hand side, they have done tests over and over at emerg on me and last time I was there, the doc said I am just a woman who has pain unfortunately, he said likely a combo btwn fibro and costo... my doc has said this also... ughh it's so frustrating.... sad

• Posted

Hello guys,let me tell you my story and a beautiful advice to whom suffers costohondritis.

I have been diagnosed with Costo 3 weeks ago from now,i had a super strong chest pain right in the middle of the chest that i literally can not walk for a 5 minutes,so i went to Er,they said it is Costo and prescribed me to take Advil.

So its been 19 days already i have been taken Advil daily,2 pils in the morning and 2 pils at night and it really helped me to survive without the pain.

Every single day i have been reading forums like that all over the world just to understand ho to deal with Costo because our doctors dont know s*%$t,and i found a lady,on russian forum,who gave anadvice( exercise) to someone how to treat Costo at home and guess what guys-it really works! I woke up this morning with out pain!!!!!

1.take a deep breath trough your nose and hold it and count 10 seconds.

2.then slowly ,very slowly let the air out through the mouth.

3.thats it guys! Lol,i did this exercise yesterday about 10 times during the day and today i am going to survive with out advil,this magic exercise works!

Dont thank me guys!

Ps.Please guys help me to spread this magic exercise to the world!

• Posted

Hello guys,let me tell you my story and a beautiful advice to whom suffers costohondritis.

I have been diagnosed with Costo 3 weeks ago from now,i had a super strong chest pain right in the middle of the chest that i literally can not walk for a 5 minutes,so i went to Er,they said it is Costo and prescribed me to take Advil.

So its been 19 days already i have been taken Advil daily,2 pils in the morning and 2 pils at night and it really helped me to survive without the pain.

Every single day i have been reading forums like that all over the world just to understand ho to deal with Costo because our doctors dont know s*%$t,and i found a lady,on russian forum,who gave anadvice( exercise) to someone how to treat Costo at home and guess what guys-it really works! I woke up this morning with out pain!!!!!

1.take a deep breath trough your nose and hold it and count 10 seconds.

2.then slowly ,very slowly let the air out through the mouth.

3.thats it guys! Lol,i did this exercise yesterday about 10 times during the day and today i am going to survive with out advil,this magic exercise works!

Dont thank me guys!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.