living with depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok I need help I really dont know what will work I could cope with it when I was a little younger but now im getting older its getting worse. Maybe its becuase im in a job I have never enjoyed.Or maybe its bits of my unhappy past coming back. The hardest thing is having to pretend your happy in the job and in everyday life to the point I feel like a robot just living life but not a happy one. Maybe this will change soon or maybe this wont go away. To be honest I was a ex drug user to the point where I nearly died. My father is also using drugs could this also be why im in fear of going back to those days. My job is also linked to all of this you can probally guess what I do. I hope people that read this wont judge me, This is the first time I have openly spoke about the truth

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Kudos to you for speaking out. You need to get away from your father and get a new job. Consider going to rehab, and if you already are, continue.
  • Posted

Hi Katherine

Bless you and how brave you are too reach out for help. No one will judge you here that's the truth. Are you taking any antidepressants? I would try and plan ways you change your life to make you happier. Even if you do it in small steps. There must be things you really like e.g what we're your dreams before this job?? Are there any free on line courses you can do to help you achieve your ambitions? You

Must be a strong person to manage to stop taking drugs therefore apply this strength to your goals and dreams. It must be very difficult if your father is taking drugs but you nearly died and by the grace of God you are here. You have a lot of life ahead of you and you are in the driving seat of your destiny. Apply the strength you have proven you have. Small steps at first and before you know it.... you will be on a happier path where you will be actually doing a job you love and living a life that will bring you joy.

Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way xxx

Lorraine x

• Posted

Thank you, no I have been thinking I should go and see my doctor about some of the anti depressants I'm not sure. I also think I need to talk to my doctor about anxiety to. I come across a few chat rooms with people in there who I'm guessing is suffering with major depression as well, I haven't had the courage to talk just sit and watch other conversations. I'm shocked to see so many people that are going through the same thing. Xx
    • Posted

Katherine

Please do go to docs. I'm here for you along with others on this site.

You done the hard part by reaching out. Now the only way is up for you. Picture good times ahead. I know you mentioned your dad is taking drugs but look how strong you are not to fall back in that trap. You deserve to be happy and making those steps will get you there.

Lorraine xxxxx

• Posted

Thank you for not judging me it means a lot. It's nice to get a few things of my chest. I'm going to see my doctor. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.