living with sytemic lupus 30 years now living with shingles

Posted , 3 users are following.

late last year got sick went to the doctor and she said shingle i was like what is that my first outbreak was very bad and now on number four this one was worst than the first my whole right from my butt to my knee and feeling bad fever and all went to ER doctor said he had never seen and out break like this one i do belive it is stress related just like my lupus

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hope you are feeling better, mine was about six weeks ago and has left me with the constant nagging nerve pain,which I am determined to overcome. Feel quite bright and active for one day,next day I just want to sleep. Eating well so I guess it will just take time.best wishes for a speedy recovery to you. Jackie
  • Posted

hey for my pain my doctor gave me lyrica because its your nerve try this.
    • Posted

Hi Yvonne, thank you for getting back,did the Lyrica help you?

Hope you are improving Jackie.

• Posted

Hi Yvonne,

I have Systematic Lupus Erythematosus, but have been getting Ramsay Hunt Syndrome-Herpes Zoster Oticus in my right ear every there to five weeks for the last nineteen years. The first time I had shingles I saw two ENT physicias who thought I was faking the pain as they could not see a rash, yet. The pain was so excruciating I felt like I was giving birth to a 20 pound baby through my ear canal while being tased by an electric cattle prod. It took three weeks for the rash to appear on the external ear. Now I know at the first hint of the pain to take my Famvir. I am also on Topamax, an anti-seizure med, which I am certain has prevented post herpetic neuropathy and reduced the intensity of acute pain. I also use Auralgon ear drops which has Benzocaine, a topical anesthetic. Lastly, I take oxycodone to relieve the severe headache for the five days I have the pain. I rest a lot during each episode to hopefully decrease the length of the shingles outbreak and intensity of pain.

I am sorry you also suffer with this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.