Lloyds phamacy has supplier issues

Posted , 8 users are following.

I tried to get my usual HRT (Ellest Duet) two weeks ago, only to find that Lloyds has "supplier issues" so I can't have it. They haven't told anyone, so I ran out and then spent over a week re-applying to my doctor for another prescription which was supposed to be based on any HRT that Lloyds DID have, and then spent another 3 days waiting for that to come in. So, first point : I ould advise making sure you have an adequate supply before asking for more. Secondly : do the side effects of Novofem go away? I've only taken 3 tablets and so far I have flatulence and I am still getting hot flushes. I think I may have bloating as well, but as I had to stop taking my HRT in the middle of a "period", my body is now completely confused.

I just want to go back to my lovely Ellest which gave me no issues whatsoever and apparently even caused me to lose weight whilst I was taking it, but I guess that's not going to happen....

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mayfly, I am on elleste duet went to my pharmacy and said they can no longer get them , don't know what I will do got over a month left .The lady doctor that deal with this kind of thing does not like HRT and told me what do I expect at my age 50 in July and that ladies in the past just got on with it

so don't really want to go back to her and the other doctors don't know enough about . This will be the second time the HRT I been on is no longer available, it does not help when you are feeling unwell

will have to ring doctors and see what they will give me it took a week last time

hope everything will settle down for you and this HRT will be ok

take care

Paula

• Posted

Can you not take your prescription to a different (non Lloyd's) pharmacy? Xx

• Posted

There appears to be a problem with getting any of the Elleste products (I was on Elleste Solo 2mg and it worked like a dream). Apparently its well known there is a 'manufacturing problem' and no idea when they'll be available again. I'm now on Progynova 2mg which seems to be okay (I think it took a couple of days for.my system to adapt to them as I had a few warm moments and was kinda stressy). Good luck with finding alternatives that work for you too ladies.

• Posted

From the Dispensing Doctors' Association...

You are here: News » Clinical Zone news » HRT supply issues update

HRT supply issues update

Supply shortage alert

April 9th 2019

Tagged: Clinical Zone news

By Ailsa Colquhoun

The DHSC medicines supply team has advised of the following HRT supply issues:

FemSeven Conti and Sequi patches (Theramex): long term supply issues affecting both products; expecting to be out of stock until late 2019.

Elleste Range (Elleste Solo 1mg, 2mg; Elleste Duet Conti; Elleste Duet 1mg): expected to be unavailable until the end of April 2019

• Posted

Yes, I looked in to the Femseven issue and the company told me it would possibly be late 2019 before it was available again due to the patches having adherence issues... and they did as i couldn't keep them on!! So at least they should stick better when re-introduced!!

xx

• Posted

Thanks for your replies all. Paula, I sympathise that people in the past "just got on with it" but I think your doctor has forgotten that we live in very different times! I do think that if I were a woman who worked 9 or 10 hours of physical labour, I wouldn't notice the symptoms but there's this tricky thing called "progress". You can let her know from me that it means she hands out pills and not leeches, lol!

Sassyr12a, I was dealing with two Lloyds as it was, and they were saying that ALL Lloyds stores had difficulty getting Elleste. It sounds like other posters have also seen issues so it wouldn't have been worth trying the only other Lloyds I can reach easily. I did rather hope that as I am on such a low dose, I wouldn't be badly affected.

At least my mood has improved immediately and I don't want to scream at everyone. The crying is hard to take - I had to confess I'd made a mistake with a customer to a sales rep and nearly burst into tears doing that. Hopefully that will settle down soon. Ah well, fingers crossed I can one day go back to Elleste. Good luck to everyone else.

• Posted

as someone who is menopausal and works in pharmacy ellestte duet has had issues for a couple of months (ive never worked for lloyds btw) and erve been telling patients for weeks to see their dr for an alternative

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.