Lloydspharmacy Nutritional Scales

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone

i was thinking of buying the nutri-scales.

before i do, if the food item isnt listed can u put the food item on and enter the information from the packet and it'll tell you what is in it, if that makes any sense,

ta

nora x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, not sure if you can. The Lloyds scales have 500 foods listed. I have the Salter ones, which I got from Lakeland. A lot dearer but they have 999 foods listed. I paid £40 . They are very good though.

Mandy

• Posted

Nora...I'm struggling with these scales...have asked Sassx a couple of questions about them...you can't add stuff without weighing as far as I read the instructions....I'm hoping Sassx will throw some light on how they work. Hate the on/off switch for a start...too fiddly....be in touch when we know more. I am sort of hopeless with technical stuff but even if you only want to weigh stuff and calculate your calories and fat and then write it down it is very good...much easier than looking up my Collins Gem book...but I haven't mastered it all yet. What I have done is make a list of the foods I eat and pasted them all unto a board for simple reference rather than looking up the small print booklet which comes with them. No sense in ploughing through hundreds of things I don't eat. Broke them down into Breakfast....Lunch/Snacks and Dinner...so simple.
  • Posted

Hi, with the scales which are similar to my Saltar ones is, that each item can be added to the memory so that at the end of the day you can recall the memory for a total of what fat, calories, etc you have eaten. Hope this helps.

Mandy

• Posted

you can't enter the details from the packet.

Personally I use a spreadsheet and write the fat and calories in that so if I'm eating from a packet I just put the information from the packet into the spreadsheet.

I think I'm being a bit thick but if you already have the information on the packet why do you want to weigh it and get the values anyway?

• Posted

Hi, agree it seems a waste of time.

I have recently found a good website where you can log everything you eat, it also has a food finder for you, or you can enter manually. You can log how much excercise you do each day and it shows various graphs so you can see how you are doing and each day it estimates how much weight you should lose.

It is called foodfocus.co.uk

Mandy

• Posted

thanks for the advice guys.

i was askin because ie, on the packet it'll say 30g serving is ie 100 cals, but some people obviously will sometimes have more or less than 30g. thats why i was asking, its no harm for me to wrok it out myself but i just wondered if the scales would do it quicker for me, if that makes any sense lol. but nevermind, thanks for your help anyways

• Posted

Yes, if the scales have the code for that particular food, i.e. fisherman pie, just put it on the scales and put in the code will work out the weight, cals, fat etc. What I do is put the plate on the scales first, set to zero then add my food one at a time. EG weigh pie, press memory, add carrots, press memory, add runner beans, press memory and so on then at the end press memory recall will tell you what the whole meal comes to.

I am slowly going through my recipes and writing the values next to each ingredient with the total per portion or for the whole recipe so that I don't always have to weigh out the meal.

Hope this makes sense.

Mandy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.