Lofepramine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i have been taking 70mg of lofepramine in morning and eve for nearly a year. My dosage has just been increased to 79mg am and 140mg at bed. I feel constantly drunk. Has anybody else experienced this and will it subside. Ive been on new dose for two days. Thank you in advance

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When was your dose increased? sometimes it take a few weeks for your body to get used to the extra drugs

Stay stronglol

• Posted

Thank you for replying Lynne. This is my third day taking my increased dose,  Hopefully they will kick in soon 
  • Posted

Hi, how are you getting on with the Lofepramine? There's nothing worse than that 'drunk, spaced-out feeling', I got that in a huge way with Fluoxetine, it was awful. 

I was on Lofepramine for a while about a year ago and asked to stop it as I believed it was making me gain weight. Just wondering if you have noticed weight gain as a side effect as otherwise it seemed to be working OK for me and I wish I had not given up so quickly. Please let me know how you're finding it. 

I'm not sure it was the Lofepramine causing the weight gain at the time after all but I guess I'd rather be happy and fat than miserable and skinny! 

• Posted

Hi touch wood im not doing too bad now its kicked in thank you. I havent noticed any weight gain but like you say best to be chubby n happy.

Thank you for replying

• Posted

Ah that's good it seems to be working well for you and I'm glad you haven't been experiencing weight gain. Think I'll give it another try! My GP will be so fed up with me haha! Thanks for getting back to me 
    • Posted

No problem at all. Hope all goes well for you. Keep me posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.