Lofepramine

Posted , 3 users are following.

just started on lofepramine for anxiety and wondered if anyone else is taking it and how you are getting on? I'm really scared it's not going to work after having tried a few SSRI's

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, just wanted to reassure you. Lofepramine was the one that worked for me after four others were no good. It akes a while to work though, so stick with it. For me the side effects weren't as bad as with SSRIs and they do wear off once you've been taking it a while. I've just started taking Lofepramine again after a gap of several years and I asked to go back on it because I'd had a good experience with it before. Hope it works for you. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Lily, thank you for the reassurance. I have now been on it two weeks although only just got up to the 70/70 dosage that the doctor prescribed. I have had a few days that I've felt okay but the last couple I've been really anxious! What dosage were you on? How long did it take to work? I am so scared that they aren't going to work like the other I've been on 😪

• Posted

Hi Millie, glad you've had a few days that you've felt okay.  I hope the anxious ones will start to be less often soon. I found it was actually a gradual process, not like flicking a switch. I'd have some good days and think "this is it!" and then I'd get discouraged when it didn't last.  Like you I inreased the dose gradually and it must have been 5 or 6 weeks after I reached the full dose before I felt it was working. You've done well to stick with it and get up up to the prescribed dose, so don't give up, it'll probably take a bit longer.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you, let me know how you go on.

• Posted

Thank you so much, it is just hard waiting!! Are you taken no it for anxiety?? I get anxious about things which then makes me feel really down. I am soooo hoping these work for me as I've tried SSRI's and venlafaxine and they didn't work.

• Posted

Hey Lily, how are you getting on?? I'm still plodding along, hoping these meds kick in soon. 3 weeks at the full dose now. I have felt a lot brighter but still have really anxious days.

• Posted

Hi Millie, Great to hear you've felt a lot brighter!  I'm feeling better too, thanks.  Well done for sticking at it, I do hope you find the anxious days start to get fewer too.  Have you tried any of the CBT-type techniques? I reckon you have to feel a quite a bit better first before you can even think about doing them! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.