Lois95799 and Katecogs, thanks for supporting us Celexa newbies

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just wanted to dedicate a post to both of you for your experience and continuous support.  As starting Celexa/Citalopram seems to not work for weeks on end and generally makes us all feel worse. Your guidance and reassurance that it’s worth riding out the first 3 months is very much the strength many of us need, so thank you for caring. Xxxx Manny. 

4 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

• Posted

Hey Manny, thank you for your lovely words, and Stephen too.  That's really kind wink  As Lois said too, just passing on info I've learnt through my journey and hope it benefits you all too.  

K xxxxxx

• Posted

Hi I’m wondering if anyone can help me. I was on citalopram for 5 years 40mg but I missed a few and was sick so had a big panic attack and had to start them all over again. I’ve been on them properly for 15 days. The anxiety isn’t as bad as it was but the depression is deadly and I don’t want to do anything! I barely even talk! I’m just wondering if anyone had overcome depression? If yes.. how? How long? What can I do? Thank you
    • Posted

What your having is withdrawal effects and restart effects..so is quite the norm..I would advise you if your feeling that bad to ask your DC..for some relief..and yes it will get rid of your depression..but every one is different with recovery.. but is usually around 12 weeks..or more...
    • Posted

The doctor has put me on 15mg of mirtazapine too have you any experience with this? 
    • Posted

The doctor has put me on 15mg of mirtazapine too have you any experience with this? 
    • Posted

Do you think the increased anxiety I could be feeling could be a delayed side effect from my increase from 20-30 three weeks ago?
    • Posted

I’m on 40mg citalopram 

15mg mirtazapine and 40mg propranolol at the moment. I’ve been on the citalopram and propranolol 15 days and the mirtazapine 2 days x

• Posted

Yes and eating I think because the anxiety was making me sick and not eating. I actually feel like my anxiety has got better but it’s just the depression that won’t let me go! I feel like it’s a constant battle!
    • Posted

It's too early to determine unfortunately ..you know when ever thing settles your going to gain weight from both the martizapine and celexa..the appetite issue will resolve it self with the celexa ..it's quite normal to feel the way your feeling only 15days on meds..what you should do is stop looking for relief from adding more Medications to your already arsenal of meds in such a quick time..your brain gets all confused...

• Posted

Before Celexa I tried  Mirtazipine for two weeks. It knocked me into a 16 hr sleep 30mins after taking it. I couldn’t sleep on a bed I was soo irritated and was lying on the floor anywhere but my bed, soo fidgety, started eating loads.... my partner hated me on it she said I was isolating and withdrawn and moody while on it but one thing it did do was kill the anxiety dead in ONE day.  Two weeks in though anxiety returned so I stopped it as the Mirt wasn’t suiting me at all.  I wouldn’t like to take that and Celexa at the same time..... just my experience though u understand.... 
    • Posted

Quite possibly.  When I was on Paxil, another ssri, it would be around a two weeks to a month before I noticed a change in my 10mg increments, so possibly Celexa is the same. 
    • Posted

I’m sticking to the 30mg dose of Celexa now, 5 weeks in but only 8 days at 30mg, this will take time to adjust and I will ride out whatever weirdness and discomfort this may produce while my brain adjusts to this med, that’s the plan anyway 😬

• Posted

Yes the only reason you felt like that on that martizapine it's because of the strong antihistamine properties it has..

• Posted

I got my appetite back after two weeks on Celexa..... I’d recommend trying to avoid the Mirtazapine 
    • Posted

Same for me two weeks and I was eating like a horse..it makes you crave carbohydrates..the celexa..
    • Posted

Thank you. I’m gonna take day 3 of the mirtazapine tonight because I can’t see my doctor till tomorrow. Can you just stop taking mirtazapine or do you have to wean off it? 
    • Posted

I was on 15mg only for two weeks then stopped straight away. I had no problems doing this....  the Paxil withdrawal a year before was a whole other story took 9 months of tapering and hell to get off.... 

Good luck with whatever u decide to do. Just know your hunger on cit will return after a week or two. X 

• Posted

Im on Mirtzapine 30 mg, been on it for 4 months now... Its not that helpful for me.. yes it makes me sleep and yes it makes me eat but in terms of reducing my anxiety it hasnt really helped me. I personally think its quite mild... I’m hoping to come off it soon. 
    • Posted

Raj my phychiatrist always tells me if it's not a matter of life or death ...is always good to stay on one antidepressants for the simple reason that you really can't distinguish what's doing what..my comment has nothing to do with a benzo..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.