Loneliness and emptiness! Someone help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone. I have been apart of this forum in couple of months. I find it very helpful 😊

But I am in a situation where I take care of my family. I have had a tough childhood where I experienced domestic violence at home every day till I was 17 years old. Now I am 20 years and I have PTSD , anxiety and severe depression. My mother has also experienced the same at home so is she going through a lot plus she has an infatale austic son my brother is 19 years old . I have no friends or boyfriend to give me affection. I find out with my therapist that the reason to my mental health is bad is because of leak of emotion in my life. I have experience sexsual harassment from old men when I was younger. I feel like and am worthless and I want to kill my self some times. I do I get "normal life" if anyone have experience the same how did you come out of it.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Hanna

My family life when young was brutal at school and home, the family disrespect lasted until I was a Pensioner and I walked away.

If you are suffering PTSD it is important you have treatment for that, also your Mother may have Her own problems that would need looking into.

In my case like you I can be very cold to others and have little interests in family fears, so much I never see them anymore.

If you are having therapy you are half way there to understand where your condition came from as are the causes. Stick to your treatment and learn how you may need to move on to a more fulfilling life.

With your Brother suffering Autism, yes you will want to help, although you have your own needs to address. It would be wrong not to worry about your needs

If you feel you would like to find someone who would share your interests, look into activities that has different sexes, Dancing is just one suggestion. The choice is  yours.

• Posted

You are NOT worthless, you have the oppositie going on.You have a lot on your plate. Ptsd is rough. There really is noway to relive your past at all. This was the cards you have been given on your journey through this life.  Ptsd has therapies to help but you are still in the situation. What has your therapist recommended?  

The only way out of all this is a good therapist, possibly meds to keep you chemically balanced, a trade or college so you can stand on your own two feet ...you need to set up your life. And its a challenge you have your moms issues and your brothers autism. 

I will tell you you have some choices to make here. Real ones. Life altering ones. You have the choice to view this all as a challenege to be reckoned with it or a wall to stop you. You need to decide which road you are going to take. If your mother cant handle raising your brother she might. need to look into group home arrangements for him, or another setting for him. Thats important. He needs proper care and attention. There are autism groups she can turn too for more information. Then she needs to be in therapy and on meds so she can organize herself. A healing journey for you both.

You love have to love yourself. Worthless would never be a word in your world your mom and brothers issues have fallen in your lap. Your young and in no way capable of juggling all this. You need to discuss this with your therapist and your mother together. 

You sound more like you need support and love then you do suidical. You need a way out that is productive and healthy. You need to know you have the opportunities to grow and have a happy future. I feel too much is your lap. Im surprised a therapist hasnt noted this to you.

• Posted

my therapist has given me advise how I can come out of this situation with my mental health. But the problem is no one is helping my family I have also to younger sisters. And my father is still in my life so I don't know if I will get a normal life. I just lost all hope.

• Posted

Hello Hanna ! I'm so sorry for Your Family situation . I' m sure , You love Your family , but You have take care of yourself too .

You are not worthless !!! You are specjal and unique young woman .

Please , continue with your treatment and don't loose hope . 

In addition to treatment , try some meditation . Go out to some social events , and  You can make new friends . Take care ! Please let us know how you are doing ok ? All the best 🌞

• Posted

idk that i can do tis life no more and i feel so alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.