Loneliness can be crippling.

Posted , 6 users are following.

It may seem whinny , but it has been bothering me. I do not consider myself as some great prize or anything , however part of me does seek companionship. I've been alone for about 10 years now , I don't know if it's just I'm just unattractive or good enough whatever. I did have a semblance of a relationship two months ago but that was just me being led around . It really seems sometimes that I only meet others just to be used or they are just bored and making me think there is something there when there isn't .

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Most important to find friends first and worry about a relationship later. It’s not easy to find somebody who you are compatible with that you want to be in a relationship with. I’ve been in and out of relationships but friends are the ones who have been there for me. I feel lonely and scared. 
    • Posted

I have plenty of good friends and unofficial family. But thank you for the advice.
    • Posted

I worry about this stuff too. Who would ever want such a broken individual like me? 
    • Posted

I think the same some days or I'm just meant to be alone.

• Posted

Hi Doom - I often wonder about the notion (human or societal) that we must be in a some relationship in order to be "worthy." I have been alone - but never lonely - for most of my adult life - a few relationships here and there. I'm outgoing with a sense of humour and am well read and experienced in the world. I had many friends of all stripes who would ponder why I was alone and marvel at how I could turn up to events like dinners, parties, openings etc without a partner. It never occurred to me that this was some sort of 'problem' that needed sorting - because it isn't. The other thing to say is that when we are "desperately seeking Susan" we tend to make bad choices and will settle for less than we deserve or one that is totally incompatible with oneself. Today there are many dating sites that can match you to a compatible other if you want to try that path. You've got to vet people intellectually and not emotionally - that's when we get into trouble. If we don't think we are worthy, that will be communicated to the other, teaching them how to treat us. Better alone than suffering like that. Good luck in your search.

• Posted

Hi,I am in the same position it’s very lonely being on your own I have friends & family but it’s not the same as having a partner I’m going through a divorce at the moment my husband is with another woman which is really difficult but I have had a relationship but it doesn’t seem to work out I think it’s me I hope you find someone soon x

• Posted

I have a friend who uses Tinder and met a lovely man on there who is now her partner.  She said it is very good and also free.  May be worth a try?  x
  • Posted

Think on the other way around what if you were in a great relationship and that person dumped you for example , or sth horrible happened ..

Don't be so hard on yourself , everyone is beautiful and perfect in his/her own way .. you just didn't find the right one ..

just try to be social and active you can make a lot of friends and maybe something more <3 

just be happy cause you are worth it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.