Lonely, down, depressed 16 year old.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone (Those who read this),

For the past year, I have been suffering with severe abdominal pain. I have been under a consultant at the Hospital for a while now, but my case has just been passed on to the Gastroenteolgy Department. 

My appointment is not till the 24 Jan 17; the waiting time is up to 97 days! (redicilous right)

Anyway, in recent time I am having to take time off from School because the pain is so dibilitating! Its causes me to loose feelings in my legs, and restricts me from walking. However. In recent weeks, the pain is becoming so severe I am having horrible, nasty deep thoughts that someone my age shouldn't be having. 

School are threatening to enforce action, because my doctor wont back me up in saying I require time off school. 

I feel as if I am being treated unfairly, this could result in my mum going to prison. 

Which is making my Anxiety severe. I feel depressed, now its turning in to Suicidial thoughts. Which is scary, scary because if it happens I have left my mum. My dad was never around so my mum is the only person I have, but I feel like I cannot speak to her. 

It makes me worse, thinking how she would cope without me. I am just lost for words, and have no idea what to do. 

Thank you for reading. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, so sorry to hear you are feeling soo low and are having these thoughts.

You really must try and see if you can speak or see a different doctor and explain to them how you are feeling.. they have to help you and point you in the right direction, ask for counselling and explain that you feel desperate and need it sooner rather than later, also explain the school situation and hopefully a different doctor may be more sympathetic but please stay strong.. try again to talk to your mum I'm sure she wouldn't want you going through this on your own.. ps do you have a school teacher or counsellor you could turn too?

• Posted

HI Sharon

I've tried speaking to people in School, like a Welfare officer or a Pastoral Officer. They just get Third Parties involved which makes me nervous or more distressed! They involve people like Childrens Services. 

• Posted

Then I think you should really try your mum again or a close relative ?
    • Posted

It's getting so bad.

I rang my Surgery (Out-of-hours) and surprinsingly my actual GP is now doing call-outs for the night so he answered. 

I have an appointment with him tomorrow at 17:00

Wish me luck

• Posted

That's good, don't leave anything out when you chat to him be open and tell him how you're feeling and ask for help.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.