Long 3 Weeks ????

Posted , 10 users are following.

Good afternoon all.  I hope you all are doing well and if not I hope it get better.  Well it is going to be a long 3 weeks.  Will be having a lot of test at the end of the month.  I sent my doctor a note the other day(  I have been talking to him every week )  because I have been deal with a lot of back pain, pain in the groin, some discomfort when I pee and I do not start right away not all the time and painful orgasm  Sitting is the pits I feel like I'm sitting on a ball.  Also had 2 infection over the last 6 month's.  I'm not embarrassed to tell you I did a DRE myself after my shower.  And my prostate is hard as a rock.  We will see what he said's when I go see him  He is also checking my PSA to see if it went up from the last time.  6 month's ago was 2.2 which I know is not high but the last one before that was 0.4. He was a little worried.  Time will tell.  I have to take in a urine sample in the morning at least it's not a burgundy color like the last one.  Will also be having a flexible cystoscopy procedure to check my stricture and anything else in that area if I don't have a infection. Going to be poked and stuff all day.  What fun.  You guy's know me I research everything.  Was on the prostate cancer site and was looking at some of the trails.  What get me is they were looking at around 800 men with prostate cancer and half had surgery and half did waiting.  They found out that the same amount of men died in each group.  This was done in 10 years span. But they did not think it was worth mentioning that 4 % of men that have surgery will have to have absorbent pads for incontinence and 3 % of the men will have to deal with erectile problem.  Everything else was high lighted but them 2 points.  I just hope that doctor tell there patients the problem they may have after surgery.  Well enough.  I have to get up sitting to long.  May go take a hot bath to relax.  Take care all and I wish you all good health and a long fun filled life.  God bless  Ken  

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Ken, Best of luck. Let us know what they discover. And thanks for all your informative posts. Bob
    • Posted

Thank Bob  I will let you know  Ken  Hope you are doing good  Ken
    • Posted

I hope all goes well and painlessly. 

You will be in my thoughts with positive energy going your way. 

Please keep us updated. 🙏

• Posted

Thank you Phil   How are you doing  I know it's 2 week for you today that you had your Holep I hope you are doing well.  God bless and take it easy  Ken   

• Posted

Kenneth,

Keep the faith brother. Things will get better. Have you had the surgery yet?

• Posted

Hey Buddy  No Surgery yet.  Just going for all the test.  I just hope it turns out ok but I will deal with it.  Thank you  I will let everyone know  God bless you all  Ken
  • Posted

Hi Ken ,

What is your history ? Have you already been diagnosed with PC and think that it may have got worse   ?

Your symptoms are typical of prostatitis especially “Sitting is the pits I feel like I'm sitting on a ball” in fact all of your symptoms are typical of it . 

Darren 

• Posted

That is what I am hoping for. I have had some problems with prostatitis before.  The worst was when my penis would go numb.  He is doing all the work up to make sure.  The last 6 month's has been the worst.  It could be anything so I'm ready for what is going on.  Just in case  The last urine sample I gave him was a burgundy color and I had a infection.  At least the one this morning is not that color  That was about a hour ago and still feel like I have to go and I am in some pain and the inner of my legs hurt.  He is checking my PSA because he is worried because the last one 6 month's ago was higher then my normal.  It was 2.2 Which is not high.  The one before were 0.4 & 0.7.  I have did some research which I all way do. You can have prostate cancer with that low of a PSA.  If I have I want to know early so I have better options. As my history My father was 82 when he died never had a problem with his prostate.  He died of liver cancer.  I do have a brother 75 no problem with prostate.  But he is a retired nurse.  And he bugs me everyday to make sure I go to the doctor not to leave in anything for the last minutes.  I do not know where everything came from but I was the last one born and I ended up with everything.  I have heart problem stent, a-fib,  high blood pressure. diabetes, stomach problem nerve pain, and a few other thing that I deal with.  I like to be ready and not be blind sided.  What will be will be.  Thank you for being on this forum I like talking and learning for many men around the world God Bless  Ken 

• Posted

Hi Ken, Hope all works out for you and as one who had my Prostate removed in May, I am so glad my Prostatitis pains have gone and no pain in my penis or testacles. Yes the Incontinence is a nightmare just now, but there is no pain with it, also it is a relief to have my Cancer definitely gone. Always comes back to difficult decisions but most problems can be got over, and the thought of never needing another Foley catheter due to being unable to pass water past the prostate is a real bonus.

David

• Posted

Thank you for your kind works.  I know over the years you have and some other surgery's and had to deal with a lot.  And I know it is a hard decision for what you did but we have to do what we feel is right.  Went through this about about 15 years ago.  Was told that I had prostate cancer at 47.  Went through every test and a 12 needle biopsy.  Turned out to be a very bad prostate infection with kidney stones.  My doctor is great. He calls be his challenging patient.  I ask a lot of question and I do not agree with a lot of treatments.  Which he like because it makes him do his best for me and other patients.    Thank you  God bless    

• Posted

The problem with prostatitis is that it’s very difficult to diagnose so they tend to rule everything else out first . Mine was finally diagnosed via prostate biopsy. It’s usually comes back Ken and you mention that you have had it before. You mention that it feels like you are sitting in a ball . Type in to Google “sitting on a golf ball feeling”and you will see what comes up , prostatitis. It’s how mine started as well as the other symptoms you mention .and it can certainly raise PSA. It raised mine from less than 1 to 6. I’m not a doctor but if I were a betting man I know where I would stick my money.  Please  try not to worry . 
    • Posted

Thanks  That is what I am hoping for I can deal with that much better.  Just got back from dropping of a urine sample for the doctor and pick up by blood test orders. That's will be 5 tubes. That's no problem needles don't bother me. Saw my doctor just for a few minutes he was doing notes on another patient.  He told me not to worry together we will find what the problem is.  He said which I know you have to rule out what it's not to find out what it is.  Thanks again  Ken   

• Posted

Good luck with all Ken, and try to not to worry,,,it sounds like these tests will reveal what you need to do,,Keep us informed please.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.