Long at syndrome??? Worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I am 41 yr old male and have been having symptoms from the heart almost all my life. I can remember beeing 16 and having my first ectopics. They ruined Lots of my life. But still i was in the millitary and har no problems other than typical ectopics after the very hard physical stuff.

Later my daughter was born. She is now 17 and ever since she was 8-9 she had bloodpressure drop when very active

She faints when very active and also when very scared for example taking blood or shots

She was been taking ecg and stress ecg and fainted during test. They called it vasovagal syncope or something

I also have problems with bloodpressure when i have Pain or if i experiemce high adrenaline. Never passed out though but feel very close.

I have had numerous ecg, holters, 24 hr ecg, ultrasound, stress ecg etc.

By random "mistake " i found an article about lqts

And spart from passing out and of course sudden death i feel it fits me so good. Concidering my heart doesnt like beeing startled. It then pounds overreacts and may go into several ectopics in series

Also experienced at least five episodes of bubbling heart going directly into tachy

The doc thought that was anxiety. I dont agree and it says it is often misdiagnosed as anxiety attacks.

There are to many commons i think.

Also.some say that an 12 Lead ecg will determine if you have it. Then people that actually have it says it is wrong and very hard to diagnose

I do also have a right binde branch block

My life is now on total pause because i worry that this is what i have. And more importantly my daughter.

Anyone chime in?

This is from a online cardiologist which looked at one of my random ecg

I passed carefully through your uploaded ECG recordings and would explain that you don't have ECG criteria of long QT syndrome.

An accepted scoring is used for investigating the probability of long QT syndrome beyond what may be concluded by the ECG findings only:

Your QTc length is only 414 ms,

- there is not a history of syncope,

- no T wave notching or alternans,

- no confirmed evidence of ventricular tachycardia or syncope,

- no family history of sudden death,

- no congenital deafness

So there is no enough scoring to confirm a high or intermediate probability of having a long QT syndrome.

Coming to this point, I would recommend you to relax and don't worry about this issue.

Your ECG confirms only a complete right bundle branch block (QRS duration is greater than 120 ms).

So it is not accurate to rely only on the ECG machine interpretation, as it usually uses rigid softwares to give some general conclusions. 

It is always necessary to have the medical interpretation

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Kaj,, I don't think you have lat. I thought I had this too, but 2 doctors said no. You should get a second opinion. I think you could have sick sinus syndrome. That is what I have. Or, you just have topics. Which I have too. I get them from being scared, upset, going to sleep, all the time. Now, as for your daughter. She needs to be looked at. She does have lqt symptoms. I would make an appointment for her soon. I am sorry you are having all the worries. I hope to hear soon that you have received the help you need . Try to think positive and have faith in God. Bless you, let us know how you are doing Debbie

• Posted

Hi debbie

Thanx for the reply

My daughter has been twice to cardiologist and had å fainting spell both times

So i recon they would see if she had LQTS?

• Posted

You would think so. Did they find out why she passed out?? That is not normal for a girl that age to do. Does else have a slow heartbeat or low blood pressure. I hope they get to the bottom of both your issues sooner than later I was up with skipping heart last night, now keep worrying about it. Wasting my time and life!! Gonna watch a movie and then ride my stationary bike!! Take care! Debbie
  • Posted

Hi kaj24797,

June 12, 2009   QT/QTc = 326/462, Atrial Rate = 132 BPM, Ventricular Rate = 121 BPM

Sept. 19, 2011  QT/QTc = 458/496, Heart Rate = 53, PR interval = 148 ms

May 18, 2017    QT/QTc = 476/426  Heart Rate = 48  PR interval = 184 ms

This May 18, 2017 ekg was done to see if my heart could handle having all my Hg-laden teeth removed and I did handle it quite well considering that I was recovering from lyme disease. I’m 73 and have been diagnosed with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (June 12, 2009), atrial bradycardia (Sept. 19, 2011) and now with sinus bradycardia (May 18, 2017). The anesthesiologist didn’t like the width between pulses but it was acceptable. With the mercury gone, fibrillation episodes are considerably less now, but my heart can still behave erratically. I wonder what other things in modern dentistry, besides mercury have long term effects on the heart. There are still a few more sources of excessive vagal stimulation that need to be adressed. The upper and lower oesophageal sphincters spasm on me now and then. Menthol (peppermint) deadens the nerve endings in these muscles and gives me relief but menthol, itself, in too great a quantity, will give me heart instability. Also, I have to beware of other members of the mint family. Invariably onion juice and raw onions will trigger atrial fibrillation in me. Fructose bearing foods, over several days, will lower my resistance to atrial fibrillation. Isothiocyanate bearing foods, especially kale, is problematic. Eating too much is very destabilizing.

Clearing my throat too much is destabilizing. Not warming up before I run in the morning can be disastrous. I need to hold a hot water filled plastic bottle against my heart for the first lap. Before that I need to hang upside down to stretch my back which is twisted like a pretzel from multiple injuries over the years. It takes me at least an hour to get my head down to my knees and 10 minutes later I’m stiff again. Injured thoracic and cervical vertebrae give rise to heart instability. I’d like to know what else I could do to correct or at least ameliorate these spinal injuries and how long after these spinal injuries does one have to wait for heart arrhythmias to cease altogether. Also, I have to hold in an epigastric hernia with a stake when I run to avoid atrial fibrillation. I only met one doctor who thought this was credible. I must stay under 8 laps to avoid atrial fibrillation. There is only the faintest warning (ectopic or missing beat) of impending atrial fibrillation when I’m running and sometimes not even that. It’s nerve racking. Atrial fibrillation will last 3 hours then. There is no fainting or any other symptom and apparently I’m no worse for ware. I walk or move my neck, back and forth which slows the irregular beat and tends to catch the beat in the rhythm of movement. If your legs are your second heart, as Hans Selye once said, where 70% of the blood is pooled and nerve-muscle bundles actively dilate and contract there, sending waves of blood to the pulmonary artery (the systemic circulation), then this should help prevent blood stasis in the heart chambers. I use magnesium chloride (seawater concentration 30 ml), vitamin C crystals (13 g), taurine (5g), coenzyme Q-10 (3g), lecithin (1Tbs) and alpha tocoperol (400 IU) right off the bat when I go into atrial fibrillation. Talking is another way to end atrial fibrillation. One other thing I should mention is that I had to cure my heart-loading anemia by using methylcobalamin and avoiding cyanocobalamin. I’m sure there are other heart-wrecking factors, like parasites and sick sinus syndrome, that escape me at the moment. Anyway, I hope some of my experience is relevant to you and your daughter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.