Long Battle With Tinnitus

Posted , 1 user is following.

My troubles with tinnitus came on quite rapidly in 2013. I was 28 at the time. I was in a minor car accident at that time. I was under higher amounts of stress. I was taking antidepressants. I was also smoking cannabis frequently. My doctor initially treated it as a sinus infection although I didnt have any symptoms of an infection. We did two rounds of antibiotics with no change. I kept coming back with the same complaints of this roaring tinnitus which seemed to have mild and extreme variation. I also communicated that I was having head and neck spasms and shoulder pain. Eventually we came to the agreement that repetitive motion and forward head posture were causing these issues. It never went away but there are good days and bad days. I really focus on the physical therapy for posture as well as resting my neck in the correct position to help restore the natural curve. This seems to be the key for me. Smoking cannabis wasnt an option as it always created an unbearable flare up to the point where all i could do was lay down until the roaring stopped. In my case limiting inflammation related to bad posture, tendinitis and bursitis seems to lesson the flare ups and bring the noise level down to a tolerable level. If anyone has had a similar experience or has some tips I would appreciate the feedback.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.