Long history of bladder problems... I need relief and some good advice!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 19 years old and have been experiencing bladder problems/urinary tract issues since I was around 8 years old. Since I was so young, I don't remember a lot about it besides having to spend Christmas day in the hospital because I was in so much pain and that the doctor told me I have chronic inflammation of my bladder. It went away for a while until I started getting my period and every month I would experience UTI like symptoms which still happens now. Since the episodes when I was younger, I haven't been able to fully empty my bladder, like I never feel full relief after I pee and most of the time its uncomfortable to pee.. As I've gotten older I have gotten many UTIs that require antibiotics and I have to take the medicine that makes your pee bright orange to be able to get through the day, and they usually they go away when I take the antibiotic. This semester at college my bladder problems are the worst they've been in years.. I got a UTI in late September or so and took antibiotics but the symptoms never really fully went away. About a month ago it was really starting to hurt to pee so I took Azo (the orange pee med) and tried to just let my body fight it on its own since I had just taken antibiotics and I don't like to take them if I don't need to. One morning 2 weeks ago I woke up to pee and it hurt so damn bad I couldn't get myself to get off the toilet, so I scheduled an appointment with the clinic on campus. They said my pee sample was too dilute to tell and gave me a random antibiotic that did not work at all. I knew I was going home soon for Thanksgiving break so I made an appointment with my physician there. He prescribed me sulfamethoxazole, so I have been taking that as I'm supposed to. He had my urine cultured and it came back negative. I'm still having severe pain when I pee and for a while after. I'm just starting to worry because I feel like there is something wrong with me and I feel like my doctors don't really care that much and I'm afraid I'll have permanent damage if something really is wrong. I got STD tested two weeks ago just to rule that out and everything came back negative and I'm not experiencing any abnormal discharge or itchiness so I'm 99% sure I don't have a yeast infection.. I'm just overwhelmed right now and have been dealing with this stuff for a long time and need some good feedback please!!! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry your going through this

You have to purchase d-mannose on the internet.. I got mine from Amazon 

It really does help 

But I would make an appointment with a urologist 

I too can't deal with all the antibiotics 

It's so scary

• Posted

I will definitely have to look into d-mannose!!! I have an appointment with my urologist on the 27th so hopefully they'll be able to help me out smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.