Long lasting anal fissure

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with a chronic anal fissure 2 years ago after going to the doctor about discharge from my back passage.  I have never had any pain from it but it does bleed quite regularly.  Has anyone else had this problem?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Try some tablets called Daflon. One in the morning and one at night. In a there or four days, the problem starts getting better.
  • Posted

If I were you, I would get it checked out again. Also, it might be pain free now, but it could start being painful later. I had a fissure, and in the beginning it did not hurt either. But  over the course of a few weeks, it started to be a lot more painful. So, I would definately  get it checked out again. Did you already have the surgery  for the chronic surgery?

• Posted

No I didn't have surgery.  The consultant said he wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't giving me any pain.  I think I will have it checked out again as it is definitely bleeding more than it was.
    • Posted

Yea I would definately check it out. Better to catch it early and do something about it than wait until you are in pain.

I wish you luck!!!

Myles

• Posted

An intern friend gave me a shopping list of Milk of Magnesia, Senna and Docosate

in 2 days my fissure was better because defecation didn't bother it

it's not gone yet but I am driving now without pain after 2 days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.