Long lasting flares?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all.. How long do your flares usually last? Are they roughly the same time every month? Or a lot less flares than that? Lol sorry about all the ??'s xx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I have been in one since middle of November which prompted my diagnoses. Ive had a steroid injection which has helped with stiffness but thats all. Ive read they can

last one day up to 18months. Hope u are ok. X x

• Posted

Ooh bless you hun thats a long time. I had one in 2008 that seemed to go on for months and months before I was diagnosed. I had steroid injections and was put on mx straightaway (after months of haggling with my gp to be referred to rheumy). My recent flare has been about 2 weeks and still going. There's light at the end of the tunnel lol 💖
    • Posted

Ive got my next app with rheumy next month. As soon as my doc saw me and heard me in November he referred me straight away so I was lucky. The fatigue is the worst bit not thw pain and stiffness. Hope u get better soon. X x
    • Posted

Good luck then hun. The fatigue comes and goes with me. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon x
    • Posted

My son has grown up now so only my daughter to look after... and the dog. I work p/t too which keeps me sane x
  • Posted

Hi Rose,

I hate to say it, but I've generally been flared up for 2 years now. I was diagnosed last September, but I was having pain for a year a half prior to that. I haven't really had a day of no pain or no fatigue for 2 years now. sad I'm hoping when i start my clinical trial with Enbrel in a couple of months it will help me a lot. I'm on Methotrexate now (new Rheumy changed me to MTX from Leflunomide a few weeks ago) and that stuff is making me nauseous and extra tired. (sigh...)

• Posted

Hi, my flares can come one day and be gone the next but on the other hand they can sometimes last for a week.  My rheumatologist said that I probably have a high threshold of pain (misdiagnosed for 10+ years) so what I describe as a 'good day' is probably painful for the 'norm'.   I'm just over a year into medication (sulfasalazine) and my flares are definitly less than they were before my diagnosis (my life felt like one big flare before). There's no pattern with me, I've not figured out what could possibly be triggering the flares either (if anything). Sorry, i've probably not really helped much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.