Long period after laporoscopy for stage 4 endometriosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a surgery mid January for my stage 4 endometreosis, they did a laporoscopy (sp?) Anywho Im now on the continuous birth control pill, I already have my tubes tied. I'm 29 with 2 kids, I'm on my first period since surgery and it has lasted a month and still going.... Has anyone ever had this happen? I called the Dr and I'm just told that it's not uncommon but really a month straight and still going that doesn't sound like something to just brush off as nothing

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had my laparoscopy recently (stage III) and was surprised by a long period afterward...but "long" meant a week and a half, possibly two, weeks. If this goes on--especially if it's heavy--you should see another doctor who will take your concern seriously.

• Posted

I've already contacted another Dr after I contacted my cardiologist because now they want to inject me with loupron and put me in a menopause state yet that medication has far too many cardic side effects and I have heart disease so not worth it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.