Long post - ovarian cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been reading on here for a while but thought I'd finally post - I'm quite fed up.

I've had a cyst before although small which was spotted during a pregnancy scan 10 years ago. 

For about a year I've had continuous bloating and on a few cycles spotting between periods.

I also started needing to wee more often, its been as bad as my pregnancies.

My pelvis started becoming quite uncomfortable in January with walking and I actually got given antibiotics for a wee infection, which I'm not suprised by as I had to "hold on" on so many occasions.

In February in between a period I was spotting and my pelvis was in so much agony, I had to lay down as being on my feet was just too uncomfortable, however I did not have a wee infection.

I continued to get pelvic pain and the urge to wee until March when again, I had another infection so more antibitoics.

It contiuned even after being clear from infection and in April I was in so much agonising pain pretty much constantly, becoming worse on ovulation - I knew something was wrong, the pain unbearable even after cocodimal it was painful to wee with a pressure feeling on my bladder and even bowel, back ache, right-sided pain on my lower abdomen - I visited doctors a couple of times being told IBS on one occasion and another finally a refferal for a scan, which wouldnt be for a LONG time.

It got so bad I was basically having to lay down all the time and take painkillers, my mood was terrible I was angry or sad all the time. We ended up going to A&E, they suspected appendicitus but all came back clear and it was told sounds like an ovary cyst - wait for your scan.

Quite soon after I was up A&E again it was excruciating, I was so scared! they fitted me in for a scan the next day where they found what they thought was a fluid-filled cyst around 6cmx5cmx5cm on my left ovary although the pain was mostly on my right. Ovary was doubled in size and it was pushing things around.

I saw Gyno after a couple of weeks who said the cyst should really not be causing pain, but reluctantly agreed exploratory surgery to find what could be causing pain. Thankfully all blood tests normal. Unfortunetely the wait is long, and I have my pre-op end of August and will probably be waiting a while after that for the actual surgery. 

I continue to get pelvic pain/constant weeing and thankfully have not had anymore terrible bouts of pain as bad as what I did in April. Sex has been so painful, and a couple of occasions I have spotted afterwards. So something is definetely going on!!

However my periods are extremely heavy and just a week afer my latest period had ended I started bleeding heavily again, all though totally painless, it was totally abnormal for me! I scared myself silly reading things online and visited a doctor who put me at ease and obviously said if I get pain go to A&E, and it would not be anything to do with the cyst as I would be in ALOT of pain.

Its just a waiting game really and I'm so eager to find out and get treated for whatever it is I'm having - could be so many things like endo or fibroids etc - Just want all the symptoms to go away - theyre affecting me so much,and everyone around me!

I sympathise with you all on here as I think its not truly understood how much this can affect your day-to-day. Nice to read about similar situations!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi i feel for you i also had all these pains and discomfort i had

Scans and ultrasounds and biopsy on the lining of mu womb it

Was awful Ca125 tests wete higher also i was so scared

During my scans they found whi h looked like a complex cyst

(Dermoid)..exactly 9 mth later i had my op..which was 6 wks ago

They managed to take my left ovary out along with tube but whilst

taking my now 7cm cyst out it ruptured and i lost 300ml

blood..They discovered it wasnt a dermoid but actually i have endo

Everything was stuck together bowel etc.I am now getting an injection

every mth now my first being last friday along with 2.5 mg HRT which will make

my right ovary temporally go to sleep

I feel for you and hope everything goes well for you xx

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply, sorry to hear you've also been in pain. I hope you have recovered well from your op, are you feeling alot better now? Are they doing anything to treat your Endo? I suspect I may have that. I have another ultrasoundnext week, I'm so curious to whether there will be any changes! I haven't had a CT scan, have you? I kind of wish they would do one to see in more detail what's going on x

• Posted

In a lot of pain today, I'm worried it's going to get worse. We've got nice plans with the kids this weekend I'm scared I'm going to be useless again and having to visit the hospital!! I'm so sick and tired of it, I wish I could burst it myself!!

• Posted

Hi

I know its awful i feel your pain all i know is there just trying this injection and these hrt tablets and taking it from there

• Posted

How are you getting on Debbie, have you recovered well from op? How are you getting on with the HRT? X
    • Posted

Hi i am doing ok thanks back to work now just had my second injection which seems to be working so far (no bleeding)hrt seems to be keeping the flushes at bay..get quite alot of sore heads but this is one of the side effects..i do get tired easily but that comes with endometriosis unfortunatley due back up at the hospital in 10 mths which will be May time once my injection will have left my system.How are you doing are you any further forward with things? X
    • Posted

Hi Debbie glad your doing okay, hope the headaches ease up and I know what you mean about tiredness. How are you finding being back to work? All slow-going here (seems to be the case with alot us) , alot of pain, sleepless nights and wasted days. My scan showed the cyst is still there, no idea of measurements or what type it is - the sonographer did mention to her colleague "multilocular features". I've had pre op so just waiting on a date now. Xx

• Posted

Hi im glad to be back at work i was starting to get really down .It shouldnt be be too long if you have had your pre op think i waited 4 wks after it..i think your cyst must be bigger than 4cm as they dont remove anything smaller mines was 7cm..and they discovered i have another on my right and it was 4cm and was left untouched.hope they dont keep you waiting to long .Let me know when you get a date and goodluck xx
  • Posted

Hope your well Debbie, been offered op in just under 3 weeks, you was right about the 4-week-mark! smile I've just had a terrible bout of pain during ovulation and I'm so relieved to think that will be the last ovulation I will have before my op and one more horrible period to get through lol. Xx

• Posted

I am doing ok thanks its helped getting back to work ..i really hope everything go's well for you keep in touch xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.