Long term

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have had depression and anxiety must if my life, I am 40, will i ever be able to cure it indefinitely and lead a life like others.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tilania, I'm sorry you've been suffering for so long.  I can't guarantee you an indefinate cure, but I can offer hope.  As a fellow sufferer of 30 odd years, I am at the moment, this weekend, enjoying my life.  How long will this last? Who knows.  It's a matter of making the most of what we have, at that time.  Things can change, if you want it, make the effort, and have the right support to guide you.  NEVER give up on hope!  I wish you all the best.  xxxx
    • Posted

Thankyou for your post, and excuse my spelling, I just wonder if there will ever be a life without it, you make a lot of sense, and I try to be a positions person most of the time, gets hard though, :-)
  • Posted

Hi hun, I'm very similar to you. I'm also 40 and have suffered most of my life. Its a very hard question to answer, for me I have had to just accept it as part of my life. I think with acceptance comes peace and I certainly think this has helped. I also push myself alot to do things that I don't feel like doing and i get a huge sense of achievement from this. I don't know if I will ever be cured, I hope one day I am. But instead of fighting against it now I accept xx
  • Posted

There will always be anxieties in everybody only you can control it by taking medication and learning skills to deal with the anxieties and depression because i have anxieties and depression and i am taking meds and i am learning ways to control my anxieties 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.