Long term

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 27 years old and I've been getting abdominal pain since February now I've had blood tests done and ultrasound and still they've found nothing I'm getting to the point where I've had enough of the pain it's on my left side

And sometimes in the middle sometimes it's a full ache sometimes it's a sharp pain and the. I do get pain all over my abdomen sometimes any advice please

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Have your bowel habits changed?  What has your doctor suggested?
    • Posted

The doctor hasn't suggested anything I was on omeprazole but they don't help anything.sometimes they are watery stools and most of the time the time there solid long and smooth 🙈.

• Posted

Sounds like IBS.  I get the same types of shifting stomach pain and bowel habit change.  I was diagnosed with IBS. Ask for tests.
  • Posted

A lot of things could be causing your symptoms tell us more details from what you have said it sounds like ibs and nothing serious since the pain is not in one spot
    • Posted

I get in mid left abdomen and lower left dull aching,sharp shooting pains in upper right and upper left it's on and off really getting to me now n I'm afraid it might be cancer 😢

• Posted

Your chances of cancer are very low as the most common symptoms are weight loss pain in one spot. In abdomen most probable health conditions you could have are harmless. The only thing I can do is guess. I think you should go to a gastroenterologist to rule out anything serious like cancer. I have similar symptoms to your and so far I had the some tests you had
  • Posted

Not yet I have I have a doctors appointment today and I will do an endoscopy next week
  • Posted

Doesn't sound like anything with your pancreas since those pains are VERY painful.

Doesn't sound like an ulcer since most ulcer pains are a burning sensation.

You're not complaining about heartburn so that should eliminate acid reflux

Very low chance it has anything to do with cancer.

I doubt it's IBS, your loose stools are more than likely a symptom of the PPI or stress.

It could be just some mild gastritis.  Does your pain happen after eating? Particularly fatty foods? If the PPI isn't helping, I would recommend stopping it.  Maybe consider getting tested for h-pylori. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.